Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My Introduction - Australian Survivor

I'm Alan, live in Australia I'm 23. My girlfriend just broke up with me because of issues she says comes from my past. So I realise too late now that I need help with all this abuse sh*t that's effecting my life and my relationships.

So I finally found this place and I'm glad theres a place to come where I can speak freely about past abuse.

Had a really ruff start to life with just my mum. Never knew my dad.

Sadly mum's been an addict most her life and probably always will be.

Abused sexually and physcially from 7-12 by my mum's bf/dealer/pimp.

Was also sexualy abused by some older teen guys at school.

It's hard to admit that my mum also joined in some of the abuse but its complicated and don't want to talk about it yet.

Too many mixed feelings :(

Its so hard to admit this stuff I cant believe I even wrote it.

I hope what I wrote here is ok, oh and sorry about the swearing

Alan

Edited by Aussiebattler

Welcome to AS. :)

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Alan welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry for what you have been through :bighug: Everyone here is very understanding and caring so please feel free to reach out whenever you need us :) I Look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hi Alan and a very warm welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear your gf just broke up with you. That must be very difficult for you right now It sounds like you had a very hard childhood and I am so sorry for all that abuse you had to endure but very pleased that you have found your way to AS.

My name is Maddie and I am a member of the newbie support team. We are here to welcome new members and help them to settle in while they find their feet and also to answer any questions you might have about the board or site. I am sure you will find this a very friendly and supportive site. Just take your time looking around. There is no pressure to post more than you feel comfortable with.

I look forward to seeing you around the board

Best wishes

Maddie

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome to AS

I am very sorry for what has brought you here, and all you have been through. I hope you are able to open up and begin dealing with some of your issues here among warm and supportive people :flowers:

Kia ora Alan,

Welcome to AS from a Kiwi neighbour!!

I hope you can find support on this forum - there are lots of male members here.

:hug:

Rachael

Hi Alan :wave:

Welcome to AS, I am sorry that your girlfriend broke up with you, that must be very hard, but you will find some one who loves you for you, even with the efects of the past. I am also sorry that you had such a hard childhood, but I am glad you found us. I look forward to seeing you around

Cathy

Hi there

welcome to AS..We are a warm caring and validating group here..Im sorry you went through whatever it is that brought you here..I look forward to seeing you around the boards here :)

hugs

graice

Hi Alan... :aswelcomesu:

Hi Alan!

(((Alan))) If that's okay and sorry to hear about what you've been through. Just thought I would say hello, I am a fellow Aussie also and here if you want to say hello to me also. I'm Angelique.

That's about it for now and I hope this site helps.

willow75