Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Sharing After 34 Years Silence

Hi I'm Vixx

I was 15 when I was abducted and gang raped and stayed silent for over thirty years until I had a breakdown and now at 50 am getting help, it's never too late, don't hide the shame it gets you in the end

I'm so sorry for what you went through but i admire your courage to heal. Welcome to AS! :tealribbon:

marisa

Hi vixx :wave:

Welcome to AS

I am Cathy, I am a member of the newbie support team. Myself and the rest of the team are here to help you with any questions or problems you have starting off with the site

I am sorry for what you went through, I know it must have been very hard, But you are right its never to late to get support, and I am glad you found us! You are very brave to decide now is the time for you to start to heal, I know that is a hard decision. :hug: if ok?

Hugs and support

Cathy

Hi Vixx and welcome to AS. Like you I kept silent for decades and was 49 before I even contemplated gettig help. I am sorry for what happened to you when you were 15 but so pleased you have find your way here.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome to AS. :)

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.ph...c=54369&hl=

Get to know some of the Adult Survivors by clicking on the link above.

Hi Vixx and welcome to AS

I was gang-raped at 17 and it took me 5 years to tell anyone. I was able to talk to therapists and partners about the other abuse but I couldn't bring myself to share the shame of it.... While even thinking about it now makes me want to puke and cry, at least now I've opened up I'm not alone with it anymore.

:supportu:

:hug:

Rachael

Hi there

welcome to AS..We are a warm caring and validating group here..Im sorry you went through whatever it is that brought you here..I look forward to seeing you around the boards here :)

hugs

graice

:youcanheal::notalone::supportu::aswelcomesu:

Hi welcome to AS :flowers: I am sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I am glad that you have joined us. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care!

:hug: :hug:

Sad