Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello! I'm New (obviously)...

I never have a clue what to write in Introduction threads...:P It either seems so generic or makes people think I'm weird. Although that's not exactly a false impression since I am weird! :lol:

So hello. :hi: My name is Eisa (or at least, I really, really wish it was because it sounds so pretty, therefore I'm pretending it is :wink: ). I have somehow become a college senior already, and I'm majoring in psychology. Strange, you'd think I'd have much more insight into my personality and experiences than I do...I guess you really don't understand what's closest to you! I'm thinking of majoring in creative writing, too, but we'll see how that goes...if I just had to take writing classes, I'd be fine, it's all those other English classes. :P

Hmmm, what else to babble on about myself...

I love singing! My voice is basically first soprano, although I can sing second alto, too. I like having a nice range. And I make up melodies to songs. You know all the songs in the Redwall books by Brian Jacques? I made up melodies to almost all of them. And according to my boyfriend, they're not even half bad! :woot: Of course, I suppose he could be lying since he's in love with me, but he tries not to get my hopes up, so I think he's right...at least by his tastes. :blush:

I found After Silence through the RAD website, which was cool, by the way. :) I just finished taking that, and I do believe that I know how to :buttkick: now. Also, I love smileys way too much, so that's why this post is festooned with them. Just thought I'd mention.

I think that's enough for now. So hi y'all! :wave: I should be working on my Creative Writing portfolio right now or studying since it's Finals Week, but instead I'm on here. Go figure. :lol:

:penguin:

Hi Eisa,

My name is Mandy and I am apart of the Newbie Support Team here at AS. My job is to answer any questions you may have about the board, so please do not hesitate to send me a personal message.

Hehe those introductions can be tricky, but you did a good job! Oooh I sing in choirs on campus! I am a second alto, although I think I should move down to a tenor! There is no way I could do soprano. It's fun making up your melodies, isn't it? :)

Yeah...as I write posts I try not to type :) that too much, it seems to come naturally hehe! I'm trying so hard right now! :)

Good luck on your finals!

Mandy

Hello there :wave:

From your post, you have an awesome personality. I also have a degree in Psych and I also sing well in first soprano with a good range to boot! You're funny and I'm glad you found us. Welcome!

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS. :)

hey there

welcome to after silence..Were glad your here..Im sorry for what you went through that brought you here..We are a very supportive, caring and validating bunch

hugs

graice

Hey all! :) Thank you for welcoming me. :blush:

sunshinee~Oooh, I wish I could hear your voice now. I love low voices! And they're so neglected in usual classical singing (which is probably why I sing barbershop lol). It's very fun! Although it's weird when you start falling into a pattern...:P And I have a tendency to write :P too much...see what I mean? :wink:

No One~I bet you'll be fabulous getting your Psychology degree. :)

revolution08~:blush: Thank you. *bows* I try. :lol: What kind of psych degree did you get/what are you doing with it, if you don't mind me asking?

Annabel: :hug: Hugs are always okay!

Speaking of Psychology, I had my Experimental Psych final today...:P And on the last question, when it asked how I would explain to a friend why psychology is a science, I first wrote "tell them to take Experimental Psychology..." :lol: I hope she doesn't mind humor...

Edited by Eisa
sunshinee~Oooh, I wish I could hear your voice now. I love low voices! And they're so neglected in usual classical singing (which is probably why I sing barbershop lol). It's very fun! Although it's weird when you start falling into a pattern...:P And I have a tendency to write :P too much...see what I mean? :wink:

Ooh trust me I write a lot too! Takes a lot of practice not too! I LOVE LOW voices! I used to sing in a choir and I stood beside a 2nd bass. OMG It was amazing:) hehe

Edited by sunshinee

WELCOME, Eisa! I am a newbee, too! Love this site already! You seem like a very fun person... I also have an interest in Psychology from a Christian perspective and have read, informally, for YEARS! Actually, it has been a tremendous help! If you don't mind sharing, what aspect of Phychology do you plan to pursue after you graduate?

Edited by B4UBecomeU

sunshinee~It is amazing! I love the rumbly sound! :blush: It almost makes me wish that my bf's voice was lower lol, except that I love his voice anyways.

B4UBecomesU~I want to be a forensic clinical psychologist...so I still have to get my Ph.D...but I'm sure it will be worth it! :P

MidnightSunshine531~Thank you! :luck:

Oh yeah...and now I'm excited because today is my 21st birthday. :):yahoo:

Edited by Eisa