Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Survivor

mlyn

:unsure: just thought i would introduce myself. i am a 54 year old married woman with 3 grown up children, 2 beautiful grandaugters and an eight month old grandson.

i started to have flashbacks of my horrific childhood at least 3-5 years ago. i am trying to stay afloat despatrely. i found this site as i was going through the reasons and sole purpose of why i should not blame myself.

hi there, im sure you will find much support here and will soon realise that you are not alone. there are many of us fighting demons and trying to break free. well done for having the courage to speak :hug:

Hi mlyn :wave:

I am Cathy, I am a member of the newbie support team. Myself and the rest of the team are here to help you with any questions or problems you have starting off with the site

I am sorry to hear that you have started to have flashbacks, I know they can be very hard to deal with at times. This site is a great support system, so I am glad you have found us. And can I just say (even if you find it hard to believe at the moment) It was not your fault, you were just a child, it is never the victims fault, Who ever did these things to you are to blame and not you!

I look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Cathy

:hi: Hey, I'm glad to be here, thankyou for the welcome.

I've been reading some of the topics and relate to all the feelings and emotions that sadly we all hold.

As I am new here I believe I have to have at least ten post before I can have full access to the AS forum, so if I post the way I used to have a gab(conversation) with people, then I will be there in no time. People used to say that I knew a lot of people, I didn't, I just had the "gift of the gab" and the art of making people feel comfortabe. They used to say that I could speak for England! I used to go out of my way to help others because I wanted to! Sadly, that was before the horrors of my childhood came back. :cry:

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey there

welcome to AS..We are a warm and compassionate group of folks here and Im glad you found us but sorry for the trauma you went through thats brought you here.We are a validating concerned and caring group here and you matter to us..Again welcome :)

hugs

graice

:unsure: just thought i would introduce myself. i am a 54 year old married woman with 3 grown up children, 2 beautiful grandaugters and an eight month old grandson.

i started to have flashbacks of my horrific childhood at least 3-5 years ago. i am trying to stay afloat despatrely. i found this site as i was going through the reasons and sole purpose of why i should not blame myself.

Hi I am new as well and like you are having flash backs from over 30 years ago, I have 4 grown up children and a 15month old granson and a new grandson due in 4 weeks. I hid the pain and the shame and had a break down a few years ago and now trying to regain my life. I was dragged from the street and held captive by four abusers and still i blame myself, I should have been able to do something. But could I? I survived. Maybe that will have to be enough

Vixx

Welcom to AS... :flowers:

Welcome to AS. We are glad you found this site. I hope you find help with the healing process here.