Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

trying hard - hard trying

Guest oicuron2

Guest oicuron2

I have realized it is time to deal with this long locked up issue as it is taking over all of me. But as I lose more and more control I will search to get it back.I join with you and hope to open up as have found it to much for those I tried to talk to. I have tried 2 therapy styles and ended up with a book Courage to heal..

So many levels of ? feelings? Scared and lost...emotional, physical sexual abuse by step-father and mother knew.

Welcome oicuron2! I am sorry you have a reason to be here, but you have found a good place to get support.

The Courage to Heal was a good book for me to validate my experiences and my feelings, but it also triggered me a bit, so please be careful.

When you are ready, feel free to ask for support or share things you have learned with others.

I can identify the feelings of scared and lost and I have found this to be a safe place for me.

~Kelly

Hi,

I am so sorry you are having a difficult time right now. I am new here, but it seems like a very welcoming and safe place.

I am glad you are here. I am glad I am, too.

Neesie:)

Hi Oicuron! I'm sorry that things are so difficult... and that everything feels like one jumbled confusing mess, but we're here for whenever you wanna talk about anything...even if you dont think it makes sense. I feel that way all the time, but the best thing here is that people understand, even if you cant find all the right words all the time. I'm glad you found this place! =) I'm pretty new still too, but it has been such a blessing to me! Everyone is so wonderful and there is so much support. I hope you find some comfort here knowing that we are totally here for you! All the best, sweetie. Take care of yourself. =)

Welcome oicuron2, I have been very slowly working out of "The Courage To Heal Workbook" and find it really an amazing book. I am using it w/my therapist. I am sorry you are going through such a difficult time right now. The moments become more manageable as time passes and we grow, becoming stronger within ourselves. Go at your own pace in the book-put it down as needed. Be gentle with yourself(((oicuron2)))