Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey!

Hi my name is Christina but my friends call me Steena. I'm 24 years old & live in NY. I was assaulted in January of 08. This is the first time I've ever reached out for help or have even spoken to people who have been through similar things. I'm very lucky to have an amazing supportive family and boyfriend. Though they care very deeply, I understand that they can't possibly fully understand what I'm going through.

I went to my first appointment for counseling back when it first happened, but it was too upsetting and I never went back. Yesterday, I scheduled another appointment with a very helpful free local organization.

Thank you in advance for existing, and being a positive resource and outlet for women like me. I'm ready to start dealing with what happened to me, and I'm excited (yet very scared) of what's to come while I heal. We can do this! (:

:hug:

Hi Steena,

I would like to wish you a very warm welcome to AS. I am sorry for the reasons that brought you to us but so pleased you found us. Having a supportive family and boyfriend is great but hopefully here you will meet people who know what you have been through and can support you in a different way. I am pleased too you are trying counselling again. For a lot of us it has been very helpful to have a counsellor or therapist.

I am Maddie and I am a member of The Newbie Suppport Team. We are here to support new members as they find their way around the board and settle in. If you have any questions about the board or site do feel free to PM me anytime.

I am looking forward to seeing you around

Best wishes

Maddie

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi and welcome to AS!

Well done for booking another counselling appointment - I know how hard that can be.

I hope you find all the support you need from people who understand more of what you're going through here. I look forward to seeing you around the boards :)

Hey Steena,

I'm glad that you've decided to speak out on this, because the more people who break the silence the better, it's a massive step to take and one I'm glad and proud as a fellow survivor, that you've taken. It wonderful to hear you've decided to speak out the assistance of a local free organisation also, that's wonderful to hear and I hope they can help you in your journey also.

All in all I think you're certainly headed on the right trake so well done, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of you here at AS, and I hope we can play a role in helping you in your healing :bighug:

John

Welcome to AS... you're right we can do this!!!!! :flowers:

Welcome to AS. :)

Hey there

welcome to AS..We are a warm and compassionate group of folks here and Im glad you found us but sorry for the trauma you went through thats brought you here.We are a validating concerned and caring group here and you matter to us..Again welcome :)

hugs

graice