Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

Hello. My name is Heather. I'm 23, I'm married and we have a 2 year old daughter (Winter) and a son (Tucker) due July 3rd. And I'm a survivor of childhood incest.

My name "IamLiving" comes from a song about abuse. It's called "Light in the Hall' and it's by Fred Small. I decided to use it because it reminds me that there can be life after all of this.

That part of the song:

"Tracing the truth through the tangle of lies

Forgiving myself what I did to survive

I am living I am living"

I'm not sure what else there is to say, besides that.

Edited by IamLiving
Guest SaraElizabeth

Hi, welcome to AS. My name is Sara, and I'm a member of the Newbie Support Team, which was set up to help and support new members settling in. So if you have any queries about the boards or how the site works, or just need some support and friendship don't hesitate to message me or one of the other members of the team.

I am so glad you've taken the step to join AS, although sorry for your experiences that brought you here. You'll find this is a source of endless support and the people here are so caring.

You must be so excited about having a son :) Congratulations. Winter is such a pretty name as well.

I've not heard that song, I'll have to give it a listen. I really like your username though :)

Sara :flowers:

Edited by SaraElizabeth

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi Heather :wave:

Welcome to AS! congratulations about the baby! I bet your excited! I love the names by the way, they are adorable :flowers:

I am sorry to here about what you went through, but I am glad you found us! I love the idea behind your name it is very inspiring. I look forward to seeing you around the board :hug: if ok?

Cathy

just wanted to say welcome! i am a newbie here too ;)...

i look forward to getting to know more about you if that's okay, and congratulations on ur new little one!

p.s. i love ur avatar....BIG mariska fan right here!

Hey there

welcome to AS..We are a warm and compassionate group of folks here and Im glad you found us but sorry for the trauma you went through thats brought you here.We are a validating concerned and caring group here and you matter to us..Again welcome :)

hugs

graice