Due to recent upgrades, After Silence will no longer work on Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. ×
New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

Just Wondering...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please move it if it's not.

I'm just wondering if there's a place somewhere with a list of what the different kinds of members are. For most ppl it just says member or an admin/mod title under their name when they post, but then sometimes I see "inactive member", or "contributing member", or "m. member"...along with some others I can't think of right now. What do these things mean? I'm curious. :)

I'm not sure about a list, but M. Member is a male survivor, Contributing Member is someone that either purchased a tee shirt, dontated funds, or both? to AS to keep this place alive, and I'm guessing an Inactive Member is someone that pulled their profile. Chat Admin is the person behind the Chat paperwork I think, and a Chat Mod is someone that keeps the Chat Room in line. Secondary is a secondary survivor to a Member. Moderators are the people that created the site and continue it's upkeep. I hope it helps.

Good job, whimsical1 :flowers:

You got most of them right. An inactive member is one who decides to take a break from AS. To become and active member again, they just have to let us know they are back. Newbie Support Team Members welcome each and every new member to AS, answer any questions they may have and are there to help them navigate the board. They are usually the first staff members that new members have contact with. Administrators (Vera and Lindy) are the ladies who started AS. They are the people who approve memberships and take care of the technical side of the board. Together with mods, they keep the board organized and safe. Before any decisions are made, we look at all angles and share our thoughts, opinions, and suggestions with each other. :)

Thank you for the corrections, and thank you to all who keep AS safe and sucessful.

:loveas:

Thanks! I'm enlightened now! :)

It's funny, it never occured to me that contributing member would be a monetary contribution. I was just thinkin "well we all contribute, don't we?" lol That's awesome that ppl are able to give money to help this place stay afloat.

Thanks again...and thanks to all the ppl who do stuff to keep this site going!

:ThankYou:

Out of curiosity, what would happen if a secondary contributed? Would the tag remain 'secondary' because the 'contributing member' one would have a lot of extra permissions attached to it?

Out of curiosity, what would happen if a secondary contributed? Would the tag remain 'secondary' because the 'contributing member' one would have a lot of extra permissions attached to it?

Yes, the secondaries status would remain the same.