Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Am New And Very Nervous.

I only discovered this site yesterday and am very nervous about posting anything in case i get it wrong. I am struggling to cope with all of the memories that are in my head and i havent slept all week as i am scared of the nightmares that come. I really hope that i will find some people that understand how i feel and that we can help each other as i am very lonely.

I don't have anyone to talk to as i haven't told anyone what i went through as a child. Hopefully that will change soon. Aliejane.xx

I hope you find comfort here. I only discovered the sight over the past weekend. I have found many people who can understand me. It was only 6 months ago that I told my parents what happened to me as a child, and 9 months ago that I told somebody for the first time. I hope you find comfort and are able to tell your story when ready. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: (if ok)

Welcome, it's scary at first, wondering what everyone will think, what will they say? I've only been here a little while, and have met very supportive, and caring people. No matter what your situation, what you've been through you are not alone. I never believed it before I found this site. I felt isolated and alone. :hug::hi:

:hi: welcome to AS :flowers: I understand your nervousness, I think that is something we all felt when we joined. It is a very supportive community as you will find. feel free to post anything you would like in your own time, we are all here to listen and to support you.

Hi Aliejane

My name is Cathy, I am a member of the Newbie Support Team Set up to help those new to the board settle in. If you have any problems or questions feel free to message me.

I am sorry for what happened you but happy o see you found us. Nightmares can be hard to deal with, especially when you have no one to talk to about them, have you considered going to a counselor?

Look forward to seeing you around the board!

Cathy

Welcome to AS. :)

I think most of what I've wanted to say has been said. I joined recently, still a little nervous but the people here are really good people. They listen, they support, and you can tell that they want to help. We're all here for you.

Hi and welcome to AS

we are a wonderfully supportive validating understanding and caring bunch here.There is always someone who can relate to and validate feelings thoughts and issues that come after being abused/assaulted..Were here for you and you matter to us

hugs

graice

I only discovered this site yesterday and am very nervous about posting anything in case i get it wrong. I am struggling to cope with all of the memories that are in my head and i havent slept all week as i am scared of the nightmares that come. I really hope that i will find some people that understand how i feel and that we can help each other as i am very lonely.

I don't have anyone to talk to as i haven't told anyone what i went through as a child. Hopefully that will change soon. Aliejane.xx

i am new too. only a few days since i found this site. i really think you will find it very helpful. I am amazed that there are so many people out there who can give you advice without judging. it is nice to know you are not alone.