Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Posts About Sex And Sexuality.

Of late I've been disturbed by posts about orgasm on the vent board, masturbation on the aftermath board and so on.

I would like other members to please understand that while aftermath and vent get the most traffic and therefore posts get responded to faster there, that the sex and relationships board is the appropriate place for anything about...

Orgasm

Masturbation

Arousal (especially inappropriate arousal)

Fantasies

Any descriptive topic about how you trigger during sex.

I am very uncomfortable that I keep wandering into these topics by accident without any warning, I find it alarming and disturbing. Far too often a post in aftermath with a non-obvious title like "Don't know what to think of this" or "Please can I have some advice" contains graphic sexual references.

If we didn't already have one I'd be calling for the creation of a board to talk about sex, but since we do I am calling for 2 things.

1. Could the membership please be reminded some of us are squemish about sex and badly need to be able to avoid it when we're not in the right place. Sex, and topics strongly related to sex (eg masturbation), are incredibly triggering for some of us.

Please post anything about or strongly related to sex on the right board. Please also consider your title and if it is a bit vague perhaps clarify in the sub-title.

2. Can I ask the board moderators to please have a tidy up and get these posts moved onto the only board where we're ready, informed and braced for them please?

Regards

Wolfie

You bring up a good point here, Wolfie.

Yes, those posts do belong in the Sexuality forum. I will move them.

:goodpost2:

Thank you, Wolfie. What helps me is to never View New Posts. That way, I don't have to see all of the triggering titles, and only go into the forums I want to view. It's helped take the strain away from coming here tremendously, and I feel much better about offering support when I can do so.

• 7 months later...

I am really sorry - I bet one of those posts was mine, I put trigger and I think I put subject too - but I really wasn't sure of the appropriate place.....will keep this in mind, ty....

I really did not mean to bother anyone....

I agree!

:goodpost2:

Wolfie...there are tons of stuff to make us all squeamish at AS. Right, when something containing references to masturbation and orgasms ends up in the wrong place I think it just has to be moved by a moderator.......or whomever has the ability to do this. I hit one of these places and it really stops me in my tracks. Hope I have not been guilty of posts like this either!

Thanks for starting this post and I hope life is taking a good turn for you my friend.

Katherine :luck:

Wolfie, you are so right about this. There has to be one place for all references to these things. I hope to see a reply from one of the Moderators here at AS. PLease!!!

Edited by katherine

:blush: Sorry to be the lone dissenting voice. Probably going to be unpopular but can only speak for myself ....

I'm confused ~ I didn't think the relationships board was especially for anything sexuality related. The caption thing as you go in is:

"You are not alone in your battle with love, relationships and intimacy issues. Please use this forum to reach out to others who can relate." so I take from that it means sexual dealings with another person.

I can appreciate that people find this kind of thing triggering, but then so much is triggering around here. Personally I find the relationships board too triggering to visit because the whole idea of relationships freaks me out. I must have been in there about 10 times in total and mostly I avoid it like the plague unless I actually have a relationship issue (which is rare!!!). So if I needed to rant about something connected to sexuality I guess I would naturally place it in the venting board, or if I felt it was aftermath-related I'd place it in the 'aftermath' ~ but if it got moved to the relationships board I'd have a hard time checking on my responses! Plus I've been helped countless times by seeing posts by people talking about these issues which have left me feeling I wasn't alone. I'd never have had the chance to see those posts if they were segregated to the relationships board.

Totally agree that a descriptive trigger warning would be in order though so these posts could be avoided if necessary.

Reyzl :hug:

Edited by Reyzl

We do make every attempt to make sure posts are in appropriate forums and that appropriate trigger warnings are given. This post is originally from April and if you'll look you will notice that Lindy did reply.

Thank you all for your comments. :hug::hug:

when I read the description "You are not alone in your battle with love, relationships and intimacy issues. Please use this forum to reach out to others who can relate." I didn't think to look for certain things about non relationship issues either, and also maybe there could be sub forums- One for relationships and things related, and one to.. Self pleasure issues or something? Just so it's easier to find the topic you might be looking for.

:flowers: Twitch :flowers:

I TOTALLY AGREE! I wonder how difficult it would be to do? On the other hand, there are so many things we could put in a subtopic......it would drive me crazy! I used to do editing....I personally am glad I don't have the job anymore!

Edited by katherine