Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here.

Hi,

I am new here. I am in Therapy for somethings that took place between 19 and 30 years ago. Recently, all the stuff just rushed back in to my life from nowhere and has affected the way I live, work, and interact with people. I am fairly quiet and do not like to put myself out there and be the highlight (under a microscope) because of fear, but I am a nice person and wanted to make sure I at least say hello to everyone. I may not post anything again for some time. I will probably look around this site as I come to terms with everything. I am here at the suggestion of my Therapist. Since I do not do well around alot of strangers, he thought this was a good setting to start with since I do not have to sit in a room with everyone and I can say what I want, when I want. He said that reading how others have survived will help me. I will continue to see him as well, but I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and let you know I am here. I do intend on posting and replying to posts, but it may take me a little while to get used to all of this and everyone. Thanks for understanding, and this seems like a very nice place to be so far from what I have seen.

Grace2009 :hi:

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome to AS

I am very glad that you have joined us, although sorry for what brought you here. I'm sure you feel find all the support you want here. This is a very caring community I'm sure you will find. Take as much time as you need to settle in here. There's no pressure on you to post, just do what you feel comfortable with.

:flowers:

Welcome, Grace2009!

I also suddenly had long ago events resurface and change my life.

I hope you find support and inspiration here.

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi Grace. A very warm welcme to AS. I am also in therapy for things which happened a very long time ago. Please take your time looking around the board and reading posts and when you are ready to post we will be ready to support you.

XXX

Hi Grace,

It's nice to meet you at AS. I look forward to seeing you around the boards as it were. Everybody here has something difficult in their present or recent past. You are welcome here. :wave:

Hi and welcome to AS

We are a wonderfully caring supportive group of folks who are validating supportive and caring..We all come from abuse and understand where your at and your fears and concerns are taken seriously here :)

Again welcome

hugs

graice