Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New To This And Feeling Nervous

Susy

Hi everyone, after many years, I have found the means and the courage to contact others. My abuse was earlier in my life but i am only just beginning the journey of healing and taking back all that was stolen from me. I was emotionally and physically abused by my father and then sexually abused by my father -in-law. The only man I trust and am safe with is my husband. I fear for my daughter who is now 13.

Edited by Susy
well done on making the first step in taking back control and power of yourself. xxx

i'm new too, the people here are lovely.

Thanks for the encouragement - it means a lot to me.

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Hi everyone, after many years, I have found the means and the courage to contact others. My abuse was earlier in my life but i am only just beginning the journey of healing and taking back all that was stolen from me. I was emotionally and physically abused by my father and then sexually abused by my father -in-law. The only man I trust and am safe with is my husband. I fear for my daughter who is now 13.

HI Susy :flowers::clap::wave::kitty:

My name is Roxy Im new to the forum also, only about a week now sso I know it was hard to take that first step, So far I have found people who really understand and dont mind listening and are really supportive. It was good you found all of us. We can start that journey of healing together. The only man I trust is my husband of 15 years, so I know how you feel. Im here to talk anytime you need. Hang in there

Sincerely,

Roxy :tealribbon::purpleribbon::chat::supportu:

I'm new as well, but if you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me or email me. I am sorry about what happened to you.

Hello, I'm new to the forum too.

Glad you joined, taken steps to regain control.

Hope all goes well for you

Hi SunnySky,

Just call me Roxy, thank you so much for your support. Just recieving a message makes me feel better, not so alone ya know? please lets talk anytime I dont know anything aabout this PM stuff yet being IM new to though whole internet thing, but you can reach me anytime on the forum. Just leave a message for Roxyskater on any forum. I need to talk to people about this stuff or I feel like I will scream. Ive kept quiet a long time.

Well thanks again for your support and for responding.

Sincerely

Roxy

:flowers::kitty::wave::thanks::peace::candle::lindybunnie:

Welcome Susy hope you will find people who can help in your recovery gentle hugs :hug:

:flowers: Hi Lucy, thanks for your warm welcome. Did not expect such a response, really hard to take in. It is good to know so many others are out there. Helps to know others share my pain and understand.

Hi and a very warm welcome to AS. I am sorry for the things that brought you here but pleased you have joined.

:hi:

Hi Roxy, it was so good to hear from someone who shares my feelings/fears. Would like to talk more, but not good with computers and not quite sure how to do that. Thanks for your support honey. Finding so many people who care and understand a bit much to get my head around just now, but it is sooooo good after all this time. :hi: