Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Suggestion

So I've noticed that we have special forums for female survivors, male survivors, and transgendered survivors and I think that's a good idea. I was wondering if maybe we could get a subforum like this for victims of female abusers. Sometimes those issues can be pretty unique and it might be nice to be able to talk about the specific experience of having a female abuser someplace.

Thanks for reading.

I'd really like to see something like this because I was abused by a female so know first hand that there's certainly unique factors involved with having a female abuser, much like there's unique features with ritual abuse, mother daugther abuse, and other types of abuse. I hope it gets up, but I don't know if it will, because there's so many different types of abuse it might be hard to cover all of them, but figures crossed! :crossfingers:

Thanks for suggesting it :hug:

John :flowers:

There are a lot of unique factors but I think this group would be especially important because oftentimes other survivors might make comments like, "why do men think it's okay to..." or "men need to learn..." etc. and there is a sense of sisterhood among the general population that we (as male or female survivors of female abusers) can't take for granted. Also, I think there are sometimes users who aren't even aware that females can do such things, or who might champion the legal definitions which do not acknowledge rape by a woman as rape in every state.

I think the abuse of someone by a women raises some pretty unique factors. Women in our society are meant to be the primary care givers and when they do abuse it causes feelings which are different - not better or worse - just different - to the feelings caused when men abuse.

I have not been in that situation except for being abused by neglect by a woman but I hope you can get yur sub forum.

XXX

Hi folks,

This is another item we're tossing around in the Moderator forum in our ongoing efforts to make AS more beneficial in the healing journey for members. Once we've made our decision, we'll let you know accordingly.

Thank you for the suggestions--keep 'em coming. This is your board and we want to be as responsive to your needs as we can in order to facilitate the best possible healing environment for you all.

:hug:

I agree that this would be a good idea. One of my abusers was female and I struggle greatly with that for a myriad of reasons. It would be great to have a specific community for us! :)

Thanks for the support. It would be great if we could see this happen because oftentimes when I find another survivor with a female perp they're surprised that they aren't the only one, unless they've been around here for a while.

I think that's a very good idea. My abuser wasn't a female, but I would like to know more about it.