Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Multiple R Victim

I am 25 years old, and have been R 3 times. The first when I was 15 by my brother's best friend during a make-out session that went too far. The second at 22 by a distant friend of my cousin who R me while I was passed out drunk. And Sunday night, by a long ago friend of my father's.

Why do I keep letting myself be someone's victim? Do I have trust issues? Is there something wrong with me? Why didn't I fight back? Do any other R victims leave themselves open to being R again, or is it just me? I feel like it is my fault, that I should have learned by now not to get myself into these situations. Why couldn't I see the signs and get out of there sooner? Why am I so stupid?

Welcome to AS. :)

I am 25 years old, and have been R 3 times. The first when I was 15 by my brother's best friend during a make-out session that went too far. The second at 22 by a distant friend of my cousin who R me while I was passed out drunk. And Sunday night, by a long ago friend of my father's.

Why do I keep letting myself be someone's victim? Do I have trust issues? Is there something wrong with me? Why didn't I fight back? Do any other R victims leave themselves open to being R again, or is it just me? I feel like it is my fault, that I should have learned by now not to get myself into these situations. Why couldn't I see the signs and get out of there sooner? Why am I so stupid?

I know it's hard but don't let it bring you down. I am soon to be 20 and have been a rape/ sexual assult victims since I was 1 1/2 years old. It started with my step-father. then when I was ten my grandfather along with his friends and their sons raped me at least 4 time a week till I was 17 1/2. Everytime I reported it to the police I was charged with a false police report. Then when I was 18 I got married. Six month's after one of the men who had hurt me before caught me walking home without my husband and forced me into my apartment and once again raped me and yet again this time I eported and was made to be the liar. It's not your fault, it's the jerk who did it to you.

Hi :wave:

Welcome to AS! Please know that you are not alone, it is not uncommon for R survivors to be re victimised! I am sorry that you had to go threw it more than once you look around the bored you will see that you are not alone in this at all! I myself have been threw SA (sexual assault) by 3 different people at different times in my life! Please do not blame yourself for this! these boys/men are at fault not you! :hug::hug::hug:

Look forward to seeing you around the board :flowers:

Cathy

Thank you all for being so understanding. I thought that because it has happened more than once in my life that it was my own fault, but after reading some posts I realize that I am not alone. Thank GOD for AS, cuz I don't know how I would be able to go on without it. And yes, hugs are ok :)

Hi and welcome to AS..This is a wonderful place of support validation warmth compassion and hope..Glad you found us but so sorry for the circumstances that you've been through to bring you here..Were here for you and you matter to us here at AS

again welcome!!

hugs

graice

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm so sorry for everything you have been through but I am glad that you've found this community. I am sure you will receive all the support and care you need here. Nothing that happened to you was your fault, and you are not alone. We support you

:flowers:

Hey aviah,

I'm sorry for all the pain that you've experienced :hug: - I don't think you left yourself open to rape at all, you didn't do anything wrong, so what gives them the right to do what they did, nothing at all gives them the right at all...it's totally not your fault :hug:

I don't think your stupid, I think you're hurting because horrible people have hurt you so bad, and there is a clear difference between being stupid and hurting, you're not stupid, I think you're hurting so I am glad that you've come to AS, to be with others who understand that hurt and can give you validation for what you're feeling :bighug: Well done on making those first few steps towards healing :tealribbon:

John :bighug: