Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Intro

Hi there,

Have been off work with a headcold last few days and stumbled upon this site as I do not normally have hte time to surf the net. Like most survivors I guess I am a bit suspicious at the start, but there appear to be some beautifully genuine people here, all sharing similar pain.

I first had councelling 16 years ago after the birth of my first daughter, when it truly struck me how awful child abuse is. I still have major feelings of depression (good old prozac), low self worth and bad behaviours even though I am succesful in my job and have a wonderful family.

Will "survivor" ever become healed? There is always a space where innocence was ripped out and replaced by a black hole.

Thank you

Hey Adrian, welcome to the forum. I hope you find support here :) You are right that there are amazing people here.

Healing - it really depends on what you define as 'healed'. It is possible to have a normal life and be happy, but the memories never leave.

Hope to see you around :)

Thanks to Karen and Mazing. I am as normal as most of my friends accept to be normal, but know that somewhere deep inside me is stolen property. Hey Mazing - I was in Australia (Sydney) last week, so that makes a slight bond. I am not sure how much support there is here in NZ.

So far what I have ssn in this site is fantastic.

Adrian

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support so far. Having lived in solitude for so long it is great for so many people to be there. Pity we are spread all over the world!

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Welcome to AS. :)