Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm Glad This Is Here

Hi. I wish that none of us needed this, but I'm glad that it's here.

I have just learned that my parents suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. Some of the abuse was sexual.

I also am a survivor of domestic violence. My ex-husband raped me. I have also been stalked and sexually assaulted.

I have only read a tiny little bit on these forums, and already I am seeing things that I can definitely relate to. I want to reach out and say, "That happened to me, too! I believe you!"

It makes me sad because I wonder how may kids are suffering right now.

I feel robbed of a 'normal' life. I feel like I can't relate to people in a normal way. I am completely asexual now. I am completely uncomfortable around men. I don't trust my own judgement. I don't want to be pretty. I have PTSD.

That's all for now.

Hi. I wish that none of us needed this, but I'm glad that it's here.

I have just learned that my parents suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. Some of the abuse was sexual.

I also am a survivor of domestic violence. My ex-husband raped me. I have also been stalked and sexually assaulted.

I have only read a tiny little bit on these forums, and already I am seeing things that I can definitely relate to. I want to reach out and say, "That happened to me, too! I believe you!"

It makes me sad because I wonder how may kids are suffering right now.

I feel robbed of a 'normal' life. I feel like I can't relate to people in a normal way. I am completely asexual now. I am completely uncomfortable around men. I don't trust my own judgement. I don't want to be pretty. I have PTSD.

That's all for now.

Welcome To A.S.

Sorry for what brought you here. This is a great place to get some support for what your going thru. There's alot of people on here that feel the same way you do. I hope it helps you knowing that your not alone. Whenever your comfortable....share whatever you'd like. There is no preasure on this website!

I have PTSD as well, so I have an idea of what your going thru. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi & Welcome!!! :up:

Welcome to AS. :)

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,