Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Question

My friend's list is getting very big - yes I know I am very popular - what can you do. Back to the point though. Some of the people on it are no longer around or around so rarely that I was wonderng if I remove them will they know. No one has upset or offended me and I would not want to upset anybody else but I am a bit obsessional about keeping everything neat and not having lists cluttered with things (sorry people) I don't communicate with anymore. Besides it would give me more room to add more people.

a

nybody know the answer. Do people get an e mail saying X has removed you from their friend's list. that would be awful and horrendous.

Mad Dog, I am sure you remember my username by heart so delete me. It will be okay, okay? :) :) :) :)

no not okay - use it to see when you are on line so I can try and catch up with you. You are staying on my hit list.

Is that what the friend thing is about??? I thought we should be able to accept or deny friends. What if someone I don't know adds me to their friends list, what does that mean anyway, can they see my personal info?(other than the stuff I posted on the forum. LOL)

As far as I know you can use it to see when your frined is on or off line. I don't think you can use it for anything else and it doesn't seem to confer any extra rights to view info or anything.

You can deny them but I have never wanted to but now I have some who are hardly ever around or not so much in contact with me and just wanted them to be taken off without causing offence.

I just get these messages, 'so and so added you to their friends list!!!" and I have no idea what it's all about! lol

You could always just change your signature to.... 'If I deleted you from my friends list, don't be offended, I'm just OCD like that.'

LOL

XO

Edited out former question. Right after I saw the My Friends link at the top. :duh:

It would be nice to know more about the Friend function if anyone has info...

Edited by lovingme

I never look at the friends list - but having just checked it out - I can't see anyway of deleting people - I looked at my controls too - but there appears to be no option there either - so I don't know - hope someone else can help - John usually knows about all the technical stuff!

karen

I am not sure if you can delete people either, but NO they can not view anything personal by adding you to there friends list. All it does is allow them to see if you are online and it allows them to get your profile easier, that way they don't have to do a member search to get into your profile. Hope that helps you feel a bit better :bighug:

Sad

So if you delete them do they know!!! That my friend is the question. I will either have to leave them or go the fine route suggested by azazo but now no one will believe me. Oh all so complicated. Will just leave all my friends there and add some more.

XXX

I would think they wouldn't know -maddie - perhaps you could pm someone on the list and tell them that you are going to delete them - and can they let you know if they get any kind of message to tell them you have done so - then you can re- add them again

karen

I would think they wouldn't know -maddie - perhaps you could pm someone on the list and tell them that you are going to delete them - and can they let you know if they get any kind of message to tell them you have done so - then you can re- add them again

karen

Genius Karen -

I will do that right now.

OK I deleted tuliptorn from my list telling her she was the guinea pig in this great experiment and got a couple of updates saying she heard nothing and got no PMs. Haven't asked her today so if the great TT would just confirm that she has not received any PMs I will set about tidying my list to remove those people who haven't been around for ages and putting on new people.

• 4 weeks later...

I never have figured out this friends' list thingy, but then I get lost if someone other than MadDog with her considerate message, changes theiravatar, so I dunno. But I've gotten 1 message that someone added me to their friends list so I went and looked and like there's half a dozen people listed in there, and I only know the 1. :duh:

OK to update everybody. With her consent I deleted Tulip and we waited with baited breath for her to get a message saying Maddie50 no longer wants you as a friend and.................nothing happened so I added her back. Then I deleted some other people who have not been around for ages and...............nothing happened so now I am going to add some new people. SC you will get a message saying I have added you. Then I can look at my list and see if you are on line and if you aren't well I can just log off or talk to some of my many other friends. Then you can add me as a friend because that would be polite.

You go to my profile by clicking on my name above my avatar and pressing the add friend button and then you can see when I am on line and send me messages ever so quickly etc and best of all you can remove me without me ever knowing ....I hope. I think I will add some other people too. To add to all my other diagnoses I think I am getting delusions of grandeur. Hmmm I like that one - I think Henry the 8th had that. He was bonkers.

XXXX

To add to all my other diagnoses I think I am getting delusions of grandeur. Hmmm I like that one - I think Henry the 8th had that. He was bonkers.

Remember a little while back when you had a breakthrough in T and I predicted that you would start to feel better in ways you wouldn't notice at first? :meditationf:

I will try my best to add you to my friends list because that would be the polite thing to do, despite your immense popularity, or perhaps because of it.

I bow before the mighty MadDog :blow: I mean :bow:

Edited by SeckunClass

The friends list option is only available with the Modern Style Profile option for the board. We can not use it at the present time due to some modifications it needs but I will let you all know when it becomes available.

To add to all my other diagnoses I think I am getting delusions of grandeur. Hmmm I like that one - I think Henry the 8th had that. He was bonkers.

Remember a little while back when you had a breakthrough in T and I predicted that you would start to feel better in ways you wouldn't notice at first? :meditationf:

I will try my best to add you to my friends list because that would be the polite thing to do, despite your immense popularity, or perhaps because of it.

I bow before the mighty MadDog :blow: I mean :bow:

:rofl3::rofl3::laugh3::laugh3: