Nyx

*deep Breath* Here We Go

Hey, I'm Nyx and I'm really new here. I only found the site yesterday when I was looking for an online support group for sexual abuse. It seems like I can't talk to anybody I know about what happened to me, so I'm hoping that something online will be less pressuring, make it easier for me to open up. Besides, everybody here knows something of what I'm going through here. I'm hoping this helps. :)

Welcome to AS. :)

HI NYX,

Welcome to A.S. You are definitely in the right place for some understanding & support! :flowers:

welcome Nyx! i hope you find it as therapeutic to come on here and share your story with other survivors. i know it's helping me to have someone to talk to.

:flowers:

Hi and welcome to AS

best wishes

karen

Guest SaraElizabeth

Hello and welcome

I cant open up in real life but it is easier here.. and you're right, everybody here understands at least some of what you are going through, you never feel alone here

:flowers:

Hi Nyx,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Thanks everybody! I'm really looking forward to get to know all of you. Even though it hasn't been very long, just knowing I have people I can talk to-people who know what I'm actually talking about-has made it a little easier.

Nyx

Hey, I'm Nyx and I'm really new here. I only found the site yesterday when I was looking for an online support group for sexual abuse. It seems like I can't talk to anybody I know about what happened to me, so I'm hoping that something online will be less pressuring, make it easier for me to open up. Besides, everybody here knows something of what I'm going through here. I'm hoping this helps. :)

This is my first posting and I was quite unsure what to say, but you have summed it up beautifully. I come from New Zealand and was investigating support groups over here, but this site looks perfect. Yes, we all know the pain, and how hard it is - even if I do share my story, quite often people just do not "get it"

Edited by AdrianC

I just joined today. I have no idea where to begin. However, I feel the same way you do. I hope this gives us the help and support we are so desperately longing for.