Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To The Group

I just wanted to take a moment and say hello.

I am a twenty-nine year old professional woman, with a wonderful husband and from the outside "a charmed life." But that's the shell.

I am a survivor of molestation and rape. I have made several attempts at therapy, but each time, I have chickened out because I didn't want to remember. But the memories have reappeared and it's time that I face them.

I look forward to being a part of this group, growing and sharing with everyone.

flower

Hey Flower :hug:

I'm glad you've come to AfterSilence, quite often I'll put on the outer shell also, not let people see the inside, and want to push it all down forever and just put up that front, but here you don't have to do that, here you can let that facade down, and share those hurts, and we won't judge, we'll be here to support you and comfort you :flowers:

Thank-you for joing AfterSilence :tealribbon:

John

Welcome to AS. :)

Welcome to AS. I know the feeling about wanting to push it all away and not deal with it, but it keeps creeping up into our heads and life, and there comes a point unfortunately where we do have to face it and deal with it. Hope you find comfort and support here like I have.

Thank you all for your warm welcome.