Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Can't Search For New/today's Posts

It says there's a database/driver error.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Sorrel

Hi everyone,

I will place a support ticket with Invision and see if they can take care of it.

ETA: Ok guys, I just finished contacting IPS, so hopefully they will take care of us soon.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Lindy

I can't see anything if I click on 'view new posts' or 'todays active topics' AND I can only view 1 post, then I have to wait a few hours before I can see anything else or I get the error message too. Is this part of the same problem??

I guess I'll have to wait a few hours to get my answer. LOL

*beats gremlin with fly swatter and pours water on it*

I guess I'll have to wait a few hours to get my answer. LOL

Make that 3 minutes. :wink:

Yes, unfortunately it is the same problem. Invision is still working on it has been keeping me updated on their progress.

Will update everyone once the issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

Many thanks to Jason and Josh from Invision who quickly resolved this issue. :flowers:

We are back on board! :)

P.S. The "View New Posts" feature is working!!!! :lindybear:

I have been so frustrated!! I get an IPS Driver Error anytime I try to click on a forum. I have emailed several times and no one will help. This has been going on for two months now!!! I have tried to be patient and I have done anything I could to to see if it was on my end but its not. I also tried three different browsers and the same thing happens. The only way I get to see the threads is by email alerts and that still works.

I wish someone would help me. :angry:

I have been so frustrated!! I get an IPS Driver Error anytime I try to click on a forum. I have emailed several times and no one will help. This has been going on for two months now!!! I have tried to be patient and I have done anything I could to to see if it was on my end but its not. I also tried three different browsers and the same thing happens. The only way I get to see the threads is by email alerts and that still works.

I wish someone would help me. :angry:

We were having that issue yesterday but it has been fixed. Sometimes the server gets overloaded, especially on a server hosting a forum of this magnitude and the IPS server error occurs but it's just for a brief period of time. It is not a consistent issue like the one we had yesterday.

No, it has not been fixed. I still can't access any forums (TWO months now). I have repeatedly emailed and asked for help and I got ONE email back the first time telling me someone in tech would help. Never heard, checked my junkmail. I tried emailing a few moderators and couldn't get into the mail box. Then their mailboxes were full. I can't start any threads since I can't get into the main forum pages.

I have consistently checked my junk mail in case I got contacted and nothing. This has been going on for two months, I repeat it has NOT been fixed and I have NOT gotten any answers.

Sorry but I am really frustrated. I'm ready to delete my account at this point.

Hi there,

We have another member who is having the same troubles as you are, but she has figured out it is her system and nothing to do with AS system at all. For her it seems that something in her system or protection is blocking her from accessing most of the site, she can only reply through email links as well. I can totally understand your frustration, Two summers ago I couldn't access anything either and it ended up being a block that my anti virus software put in place without me knowing it. Once I was able to remove the block everything worked fine for me. I think if it is a problem with the AS server we all would be having the same issue. I really hope you are able to figure it out soon. :luck:

Edit: May I ask what ISP you have?

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Edited by sadeyes22

I have removed my anti-virus system, tested three different browsers, opened all controls (security settings such as cookies, etc). I don't know what else to do? That's why I keep asking for help :(

ISP - I will try to email it instead of posting it here if you don't mind.

Thank you,

Edited by intheprocess

That is so weird that it is doing that to you, I was really hoping the anti-virus would be the answer, That is all I had to fix when it did it to me. I am sorry you are going through this, I remember how much I would scream \at my computer when it was going on lol. I am sure Lindy will see this next time she signs on and hopefully she will have a better answer for you. If I think of anything else to try, I will let you know :flowers:

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Thanks! I also did PM you, I hope I can check my mailbox lol. I was seriously wondering if I got banned? I don't get it. I even tried going from another computer here at home and no go. Same error. I promise I never did anything to get banned!