Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Tramatic, Really?

So, hello. I'm Michelle. I go by the nickname Chelle online.

I am 21 years old, and I am finally dealing with everything. It isn't really my choice though. If it was up to me I would hide everything and act like nothing ever happened. Butttt, August 17th 2008 I started having seizures. Turns out I have conversion disorder, and PTSD. It's pretty weird. I have seizures everyday, and I have faced a lot of emotions, and I still am facing a lot of different emotions.

Through all this my boyfriend, who I live with, has been by me faithfully. He's been the one that makes sure I don't hurt myself, and keeps me calm. He's really helped me stand up to different people, and different situations.

I've been going to therapy for the seizures, and to heal, or well, try to. It's crazy to me to actually talk about all of this.

When I started having the seizures the neurologist, who looked at the results of my EEG, asked me if I ever had anything tramatic in my childhood. Apparently tramatic things can make people have seizures if they don't deal with it. It's kinda like, wait what?

My boyfriend, being the amazing person he is, surprised me with a book "The Courage to Heal", which had me curious if there were any support groups or forums, so I researched, and out of a crap load of different sites, I decided to choose this one. Even though it really blows this all happened, I think it makes me the person I am today, which well, I'm not a horrible person, I just have things to work on, just like everyone else!

:hi:

Edited by Chelle
:) Welcome to AS.

"The courage to heal" is the first book my wife read 19 years ago when she started counseling for childhood sexual abuse. She is now helping allot of other people to get help and start living life and enjoying healthy relationships.

I hope you continue to work through your challenges and have a happy peaceful life. And at the same time try to empower others to reclaim their lives and sanity. Survivors can play a pivotal role in changing other peoples lives for the better.

Best of wishes to you. :clap:

hi and welcome to AS

i hope you start to be able to post on whatever it was that brought you here.

bringing it up can be realy stressful but in the end it can help too

i hope you can keep posting

you will find everyone helpful here

take gentle care

robbie

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

HI!! Welcome!!! I am so sorry you need to be here but so glad you chose us!!!!! That is a really great book. At least for me it is. I hope you know that ignoring it doesn't work and I hope you can feel comfortable being here and letting us help you with whatever we can. You don't ever have to say anything you aren't ready to so don't feel pressured to tell your story. You have to do it on your own time if you ever do it here or not. I'm so happy to hear you have this man in your life, too.

HUGS!!!

Welcome to AS :flowers:

Paulie