Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi Everyone

Guest beth6955

Guest beth6955

hi, my name is beth, i am 49 and married, for 33yrs now. i have 2 grown sons, with spouses and 2 granddaughters. i am disabled with a bad back so i don't get out much. i am a survivor of sexual abuse as a young girl. i have lots of hobbies and love animals, having 1 cat, 2 dogs and 5 parrots. would like to make some friends. hugs to all beth

welcome to as :hug: :hug: :hug:

~charlene~

Beth,

Welcome to After Silence. I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but I'm glad you've found us. This is an amazing place where you'll find support and encouragement from fellow survivors.

Make yourself at home.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

Hi Beth

Sorry to hear what you went through in the past but I did smile to hear about you having hobbies and lots of pets to show love to...You really are a survivor...Welcome to AS...I hope you make many friends here.

((((((((Hugs))))))) <<<If thats ok

Guest beth6955

:thanks: good morning everyone, thank you for the great welcome. I hope to be here alot and to find out more about healing. It is easy to say that I won't let this rule my life but sometimes it is so overwhelming that i know it does. I really like this group already and believe me I have been to many. thanks again

I guess you could say i furred and feathered my empty nest hehe my pets love me no matter what, they don't judge and i love them just as much. hugs beth

Hi Beth I am so glad you found us. I love animals as well. Do you parrots talk?..................Michelle

Guest beth6955

thanks everyone, Michelle, yes my parrots talk, my blue crowned conure, cody will whistle, yell shutup to the dog, sing la la la dance cody dance, turn around. all while he dances on the perch. i swear he can smell pasta cooking, he will start saying mmmm good. zoey is a blue fronted amazon, my biggest bird, she says hello, i love you, what are you doing, hey baby, and quite a few more. ayla is a senegal parrot, she says her name, zoey, she is great at noises, can ring the phone very well, you wouldn't know the difference, she will do the page beep too if your phone is missing among others, she will yell BB [which is what my granddaughters call me] the lovebirds only whistle and say hello and go kiss kiss noises, which they all do. see they have their own personalities and are so beautiful. they are my flock, they love when i am on the computer as it is in the same room. more later. hugs beth