Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello (sortof)

Hi, ive been a member for a while but I never really posted or spent much time on here before, and I never properly introduced myself in the first place, but I'm trying to make a go of it this time so...

Hi to everyone who reads this.

Scanning some of the posts I can see that some people have really been helped by this website, I hope that I can one day say the same.

I'm a student and a sortof activist (I feel like I can't claim to really be one right now because I haven't been very involved in many events lately)

Other than that I love to dance, running is also great (but not for my knees-owww). I read a lot I guess and I try to knit as well. I study philosophy and women studies and I always like to discuss anything to do with those two subjects with anyone who's interested (Im re-reading a very cool collections of essays by Linda A Bell if anyone has an opinion about the ins and outs of feminist standpoint theory).

I am also frankly sick of feeling miserable 99% of the time so I've decided to try and deal seriously with my sh*t and part of that is actually using this profile I guess.

Thanks for reading!

bye!

Question, what is the general protocol about swearing on here? I tend to swear a lot (like every second word), esp. when I'm talking about something like SA but I hate doing it in front of people I can't really see/don't know bc I don't know if I'm offending anyone. I see some people use asterisks...?

Hello and welcome to AS, :flowers:

Well done on posting here, writing the first one is always the hardest.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

I'm not quiet sure on the policy of swearing but I think it's ok if you warn people in your title about it. Most of the sear words seem to be automatically censored an asterix comes up in the- like sh*t for example.

If you've got anymore que's feel free to pm me, I may not know answers but I'll definitely help ya look for them.

:wave:

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=194

Those are the board rules. To answer your question, swearing is not allowed in the title of a topic, but it is allowed in the body of a post. If you are going to swear in a topic/post, please add a trigger warning before it, as swearing is triggering for some members here.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Welcome to AS. I hope you are able to heal, and wish you the best!

:wave: My, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

_fearofmyself_,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,