Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm New

Hello everyone (who cares),

I am new to AS (as i have seen it referred to) and not very good at navigating this site. I've tried to chat, to post, to read and keep hitting brick walls. I was just about to think that maybe I'm not supposed to be here. :(

But now it's almost time for work for me. I have to start getting ready, you know find something to wear, do the makeup thing, make sure I have everything I need, etc. So by know I guess you all can tell I am a female, right.

Well this past weekend ended rather bad for me and I've been not feeling good about anything since then, and my best friend won't even talk to me. Hasn't even asked me how am I doing. :cry:

I know i can't talk about it in this post... sigh.....

hey I'm new as well, I joined today, well last night truth be told. Don't worry, of course you're ment to be here! It's just these places are always stupidly complicated. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, after all this is my first post.

Hello friend and hunhan, welcome!!! You are definitely meant to be here and wanted, I had the hardest time figuring this place out too, and still I have some issues, but we DO want you here!!!!! (if you want to be here that is)

You have to post I think 25 times before you can get into chat, so hang in there.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time and that you have reason to be here, but we're glad to have you both!

:wave: Friend, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hi hun of course you are ment to be here :flowers: welcome to AS I am glad that you found us, you will find your way around in no time... if I can do anything feel free to pm me anytime :hug:

Paulie

:youcanheal::supportu:

Hello friend and hunhan, welcome!!! You are definitely meant to be here{just thinking about that is so very messed up to me} and wanted{I doubt that} , I had the hardest time figuring this place out too, and still I have some issues, but we DO want you here!!!!! (if you want to be here that is) {{Don't know where else to be, my best friend is being a jerk}}

You have to post I think 25 times before you can get into chat, so hang in there.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time and that you have reason to be here, but we're glad to have you both!

Yes i think i am having a hard time :shrug:

Hi ISurvived,

I still don't know that i am meant to be here.. all i know is that things aren't the same. My best friend was more or less there but not there and hasn't been there for me. I have no one that i feel i can talk to about this. Then i come here to talk and they won't even let me in the chat room. They make you post 10 or 25 times before you can enter the "precious" chat room. WTF is that about???? By the time someone replies to your thread you are gone and you end up playing 'tag'! Duhh lot of good that does sometimes.

When i am in tears i don't want to wait to see if someone replies to my thread, i need to talk then. Does anyone out there understand what I am saying??????Like right now I have answered or replied to everyone who was nice enough to reply to my thread but I am not getting anything back right now because no one is out there. How affective is this?

Hello friendofafriend!

I'm in the same boat as you!! I'm brand new & don't have a clue how to get around this forum!! I to wanted to join this online group to chat with others that can relate with my story, however, I feel like I'm running into a brickwall!! It's hard to figure this stuff out. I didn't even know I had any comments under my introduction of being new. So my point is.....I'm confused with you!! :duh:

Hello and welcome "the child within",

I have an idea what you are going through on this site. I too was so frustrated and it didn't help that yesterday I was in and out of tears. I wanted someone to talk to , the reason I joined then to keep hitting a brick wall was not helping. Sorry i wasn't here when you replied but I worked tonight therefore I just got in not long ago.

----------------

Now playing: "Morning Dance" by Spyro Gyro

via FoxyTunes

I know the forum can be really confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it in no time.

If you click on my controls at the top of the page you'll get into pm's.

If you click on somebodys the 3 option is send a message that's pm-ing.

Hope that helps- I'm not great at explaining things. :up:

friendofafriend,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

I know the forum can be really confusing at first but you'll get the hang of it in no time.

If you click on my controls at the top of the page you'll get into pm's.

If you click on somebodys the 3 option is send a message that's pm-ing.

Hope that helps- I'm not great at explaining things. :up:

Ok, thanks

friendofafriend,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well thanks, but i tried and last night i entered a room and didn't feel very welcomed at all. So i just left...... :cry:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Ok, thanks :(

hunny I'm sorry for what you are going through, I'm here for you. :hug:

Paulie