Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Locked Topic

Hello,

I am hew here and I am finding it difficult trying to post. How do you post to a welcome topic that has been locked yet it states that it wants you to post to it?????? Not only that, every where i go it tells me that i don't have access to that feature, what's up with that?

----------------

Now playing: "Lean Back (remix)" by Fat Joe

via FoxyTunes

Hello,

I am hew here and I am finding it difficult trying to post. How do you post to a welcome topic that has been locked yet it states that it wants you to post to it??????

Not only that, every where i go it tells me that i don't have access to that feature, what's up with that?

----------------

via FoxyTunes

I don't know all the answers, but I can tell you that if you have not posted enough items you cannot get into chat. One of the moderators can help you with that. I believe there is a thread about not being able to get into chat that might have this info in it. Also if it is a protected forum (as the ones for different survivor groups) you must have the password. A moderator for that forum should also be able to help with that, too. On each forum there is a list of the modertaors for that area.You can Personal Message one of them for help.

Hello,

I am hew here and I am finding it difficult trying to post. How do you post to a welcome topic that has been locked yet it states that it wants you to post to it??????

Not only that, every where i go it tells me that i don't have access to that feature, what's up with that?

----------------

via FoxyTunes

I don't know all the answers, but I can tell you that if you have not posted enough items you cannot get into chat. One of the moderators can help you with that. I believe there is a thread about not being able to get into chat that might have this info in it. Also if it is a protected forum (as the ones for different survivor groups) you must have the password. A moderator for that forum should also be able to help with that, too. On each forum there is a list of the modertaors for that area.You can Personal Message one of them for help.

Thanks melsv for your reply, but I can't even find "help" on this site. I did read something about if you don't have 10 posts you can't get into live chat. What sense does that make I don't know!! I came here for support not to play in a chat room. It wasn't easy finding this thread to post.

----------------

Now playing: "Ain't That A b*tch" by Johnny Guitar Watson

via FoxyTunes

Once again, I'm with ya totally!!!

If you wanna chat for support, we should be able to. What kind of posts are they looking for us to make before were "Allowed" to actually chat?

I see there's over 12,000 people so somethings good about this forum! But I sure do wish it was easy &

not so damn confusing. Do you know if theres even some kind of mailbox that lets you know you have a message? :shrug:

Thanks melsv for your reply, but I can't even find "help" on this site. I did read something about if you don't have 10 posts you can't get into live chat. What sense does that make I don't know!! I came here for support not to play in a chat room. It wasn't easy finding this thread to post.

----------------

Now playing: "Ain't That A b*tch" by Johnny Guitar Watson

via FoxyTunes

Hi

I am sorry it is so frustrating

If you click on the After Silence loggo on the top of the page you can get the home page which will have a listing of all the different categories. Including help section.

If you have sorted out the PM thing you can do that and if not post here and I will check back again and see if I can help.

Pam

Hi again

Also at the bottom of this page you will find a place, bottom right hand corner where it says

"Public welcome" that is a drop down menu that will help you to bounce around the site

Welcome to AS friendofafriend!! :)

Yeah it can all be a bit confusing to start with..I remember it well!!

If you look at the bottom of the forum pages there is a list of staff types in different colours..e.g moderators,newbie support...click on either of those and some names will come up which if you click on one you will get the persons profile.In the profile there is a communication section where you can click on send a message which will allow you to pm that person with any questions..I know this sounds all complicated..perhaps someone else can put it more simply!!!

As for the 10 posts before getting into chat I think that's just so we all have a chance to get to know you a bit.I've found that normal practice on good forums...most of them require more than 10 posts!!!

Hope that's of some help..navigating everything in the beginning does take a bit of time and getting used to but it is well worth it..this is a great site full of supportive and understanding people :)

Look forward to getting to know ya

:hug: Lene x

Hi friendofafriend

I'm sorry you're having abit of difficulty, but please know you can PM me anytime if you need assistance...I'm sure we'll be able to help you figure out some of the probs you're having :):hug: I look forward to having you here and I hope you can work AS out soon :flowers:

Take gentle care :hug:

John

Hi there and welcome.

This was the first site I ever went on and I had a lot of difficulty to begin with because I have never been on anything like it but everyone was really friendly and John helped me sort out so many problems I had just knowig what was what and where it is. I feel like quite an expert now so please stick with us.

XX