kpepper1177

I'm New

Hello everyone-

I am new here and very glad to have found this site. I was raped by a stranger in a park when I was in college many years ago. I did not tell anyone for years. I finally did tell a friend and he advised me to go to counseling, which I did. I am not currently in therapy but find myself suffering from nightmares and a bit more paranoia than usual so I googled and found this group. I am not feeling the deep depression like before and really don't see the benefit to more therapy. I thought it would be a help just to have people to chat to about it with. So hi :hi:

Hey kpepper1177! Welcome!

:aswelcomesu:

I'm glad that you find things easier now. Always nice to have another person to talk to!

PM me if ever you need to!

Beth :flowers:

welcome to AS glad you are here.

HI Kpepper!! I am sorry you need to find a place like this but happy to have you!! I think you are right to think that this place may help you. Being around others who understand is very helpful, even if you have support from someone who hasn't gone thru it themselves, knowing others actually feel the same things as you is very helpful in many ways.

Peace and hugs!!

Thanks so much everyone. I feel at home already. Bear with my stupidity since I have never even joined a message board before. :unsure:

:

Edited by whimsical1

:wave: pepper, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

I am also new here. It is a good place for us to be. The encouragement of the other members is great. It feels like one big HUG! You are in a safe, loving place to be. Much :wub: to you. Nerfmom

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

kpepper1177,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: