Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I Am New

nerfmom

Hello,

I am new here. I am a retired woman who lives in a senior apartment complex. I have been sexual assaulted by one of the residents here. When I tried to back away from him, he started stalking me. I found out that he was a registered sex offender. He has also "bothered" other women here. He is 84 years old, so age isn't a factor with sexual offenders.

I am fighting back by letting other women here know about him. I never thought that at my age, I would have to deal with something like this. I want to file a restraining order, but the cost is more than I can afford. For now, am going to monitor things. I will call the police if he ever comes near me again.

Nerfmom

Hello,

I am new here. I am a retired woman who lives in a senior apartment complex. I have been sexual assaulted by one of the residents here. When I tried to back away from him, he started stalking me. I found out that he was a registered sex offender. He has also "bothered" other women here. He is 84 years old, so age isn't a factor with sexual offenders.

I am fighting back by letting other women here know about him. I never thought that at my age, I would have to deal with something like this. I want to file a restraining order, but the cost is more than I can afford. For now, am going to monitor things. I will call the police if he ever comes near me again.

Nerfmom

I am so sorry for what you're going through. Have you investigated asking the retirement community to ask him to leave? Perhaps they have some rule about sex offenders (or should have- particularly considering that there are probably many among the residents there who would not be able to physically defend themselves).

It doesn't seem right to me that they would charge you for a restraining order or Protection From Abuse Order.

I think everyone here at AS would probably agree that you are right about age making absolutely no difference when it comes to abusers.

I certainly support you in what you are going through.

welcome to AS. I am so sorry you are going thru this. It must be terryfying. Hang in there. Not to be personal, but where to do you live, that it costs to place a restraining order on someone. I have never heard of that, the police should charge for that or is it the courts.

Anyways, we are here to listen. Welcome to AS.

Thank you! Right now, the management company of the apartment complex doesn't want to get involved. I think that as more women speak up, they may end up having to evict him. His original crime was against a child. I don't know if he had more than one conviction or not. When he returns tomorrow from his trip, he is going to find that many people here are aware of him and his assaults against women. As I talk to other woman here, there will be more who come forward with reports on his actions. I am not going to be afraid of him. I hid out in my apartment for about a month, but I refuse to do that any more. Nerfmom

Hi nerfmom!!!!! I am so glad that you aren't going to be afraid of him!! Can you get an airhorn and blow it whenever he is around you(lol)? I am a bit disturbed that the management won't do anything about it but maybe they can't anyway.

I think that this old guy is probably a coward and is afraid of what I will do, i.e. call the police the next time he comes near me. He has been away, so he doesn't know that I discovered that he is a convicted sex offender. When he finds out that people here in our complex know what he is, I think HE will be the scared one. But, I am not going to hide from him any longer.

I think that this old guy is probably a coward and is afraid of what I will do, i.e. call the police the next time he comes near me. He has been away, so he doesn't know that I discovered that he is a convicted sex offender. When he finds out that people here in our complex know what he is, I think HE will be the scared one. But, I am not going to hide from him any longer.

Hey Newform, :flowers:

I really admire your courage and bravery, your very welcome to AS.

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Nerform

Welcome to AS. I am sorry about this monster.. It is not right that you should have to put up with him.. You are very brave.. Just know that we are all here to support you through your strenght.. through your fighting him off.. through any worries you have..

Hugs and support

Cathy

:wave: Nerfmom. Welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

I just wanted to say, I think you're really courageous.

Welcome to AS.