Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello :]

katiee

Hello everyone,

I'm Katie & I'm from New York. I'm not entirely sure what to say, or why I decided to say anything really, I guess I'm hoping to become stronger, better, learn new things, hopefully help someone, and at some point move on with my life.

I hope to hear from some of you :]

:wave: Katie, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hey Katie, :wave:

I just wanted to say Welcome to AfterSilence, I wanna say you're here for all the right reasons, and I really look forward to having you here at AS, you seem from what I can see in this posts as quiet a bubbly and nice person, and I look forward to having your obviously great personality around here brightening up this place :)

Feel free to PM me anytime :hug:

John :flowers:

Hi Katie,

Welcome to After Silence. I hope you find the support you deserve here.

Take care,

Lindy :tealribbon:

Welcome to the board ... :aswelcomesu:

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone. I know I haven't been on here in ages, so I was unsure of where to post this.

Not sure why I stopped coming here, but over the past year and a half I have learned A LOT. I began watching Law and Order SVU, and that helped a lot.. Thing's have gotten much better, but I'm still working on a lot.

I've learned to accept what happened to me & that has made it a little easier.

For those who are currently going through the roughest part, just know that it does get better.

I will never be over it, but now I am able to live my life. I've found that forgiveness, in a sense, has a lot to do with the healing process.. Not for the abuser, but for yourself. By "forgiving", you give power back to yourself.

If anyone here wants to talk about things, or needs advice, help, or just someone to talk to or vent to, I'm here for you.

Two years ago, the best advice I could have given was to kill whoever attacked you, that was me wanting revenge.. Of course, it would be nice for him to "suffer", but that's human nature working its course.

I believe, that when you can get past the wanting revenge stage, things become slightly easier and it helps you to move on..

I'm not saying that it will go away, or that I'm "over it" or that any of you will "get over it", because it's not something you ever get over.. but you can accept it and you can be happy.

Also, if you haven't heard of The Joyful Heart Foundation, you should definitely look it up. It's beautiful.

I hope you're all doing okay..

I hope to hear from you!

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

I hope you find this site to be helpful.

Found