Sign in to follow this  
angelless

Can Someone Help Me?

hi everyone...i was told that i should visit this website...i am afrid though, because i do not want anyone to find me or find out who i am, i am scared to tell my name or my age, or anything about me, can anyone ensure me that i will not be followed if i participate on this website? that is my main fear and i really dont want to have to go back to being by myself...can someone help me?

:wave: Angelles, & welcome to AS!

You can direct your questions to anyone in the moderating team. Click on "My Assitant" at the top of you screen and email them.

:notalone::youcanheal:

i am still scared, i really just dont know what to do anymore, i feel so lost, i just want to get help, but know that i am safe here...

Well hon, you don't have to say anything you don't want to so don't worry. Start slow if you want and only say what id comfortable for you.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I can understand your fear, but please know that if you will use your screen name and refrain from giving out your contact information...name, address, phone number, IM info, etc. you should be more than safe. I soon will have been active on AS for two years and have no problems with being "followed."

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will find the support that you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board. Take good care of yourself.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Hey fightinside,

AfterSilence is a safe place, it's not possible for anyone to contact you outside of AfterSilence, or follow you outside of AfterSilence unless you give out your personal information to them. This place is carefull moderated and observed, to ensure this is a safe place for all survivors, and the only way someone could track you through AfterSilence is if you give out your personal information :hug:

If you have any questions please feel free to PM any member of the Newbie Support Team :bighug:

This is a safe place, but like anywhere else on the internet, not completely. The best idea is to not share any personal or identifying information, such as:

-real name

-name of other people in your life (including your abusers)

-name of therapist/doctors

-specific identifying landmarks around the area you live

-screen name/email address

if you have any other questions or are unsure of what to share, PM one of the moderaters and they will be more than happy to help you out!

:aswelcomesu:

Hello and welcome to AS xxx

AS is very safe, trust me. You are not alone with your fears, just take your time and you'll son get the hang f it all. xxx

:aswelcomesu: You are completely safe on here as long as you use your "internet smarts." But regardless, everyone on here is so supportive and understanding. I can guarantee everyone on here is in the same boat you are and are here to help, not hurt. Take a look around and read others posts. Sometimes it's easier to start out in the "Humor" forum. It kind of helps to break the ice. I hope you feel safe enough to reach out to anyone of us eventually.

:hi: Welcome to AS!! this is safe place hun but if you dont feel comfortable sharing information that will link to you then you dont have to. we dont need to know your name or age, we will just be here for you on the road to healing :flowers:

Welcome to the board ... :aswelcomesu: