Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New

I found this website yesterday morning after waking up from a series of very disturbing flashback of events from my childhood. Initially I felt alone, at 4:30 AM, wondering what to do and where to go for comfort, advice...too early to call and friend, and what to say anyway? A warm bath and hot cup of tea helped a bit, but finding this website and just reading entries of people who have been abused and are finding a way to accept the truth and survive was/is a huge gift. Despite intensive therapy during most of 2006, I finally this afternoon made a phone call and got an appt. with a therapist -- I need to deal with this now. Thanks to whomever started this website and all of you, my fellow survivors, who have the courage to talk and heal. Sherry71

HI SHERRY!!! Welcome! I am so glad you found us. Sorry you needed to but glad nonetheless!!!

I'm happy you are ready to start doing the really hard stuff!! We'll always be here to support you!!

:wave: Sherry, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

:aswelcomesu: I'm sorry for what brings you here, but I am very glad you found us. Everyone here is very easy to talk to and is in the same boat you are. If you ever need to chat, look me up. Welcome! I hope you find all the support you need.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Welcome Sherry! I am so proud of you for taking that first step to call your therapist. That was difficult for me to do as well. It was one thing for me to tell my PCM that I was depressed and having her give me anti-depressants, but it wasn't enough. I've only been in therapy for the past 5 weeks and God has blessed me already. Although I haven't shared my full story with her yet, it gets easier as you attend more sessions. The more comfortable you feel with them, the more you will begin to open up and head for the journey of healing (at least, that's what I'm told :youcanheal:

I found this website yesterday morning after waking up from a series of very disturbing flashback of events from my childhood. Initially I felt alone, at 4:30 AM, wondering what to do and where to go for comfort, advice...too early to call and friend, and what to say anyway? A warm bath and hot cup of tea helped a bit, but finding this website and just reading entries of people who have been abused and are finding a way to accept the truth and survive was/is a huge gift. Despite intensive therapy during most of 2006, I finally this afternoon made a phone call and got an appt. with a therapist -- I need to deal with this now. Thanks to whomever started this website and all of you, my fellow survivors, who have the courage to talk and heal. Sherry71

It's the late evening of Tuesday January 20th and I didn't get to the computer til now...am exhausted but took time to log on to this site, and having read your kind and welcoming words, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has reached out with encouraging words and reminded me that I'm not alone. My appt. with the therapist has been moved to Thursday instead of tomorrow but I'm ok about it; I can get through til then especially with the support I am receiving here. Bless you all. Sherry

Welcome to the board ... :aswelcomesu: