Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New To Aftersilence...

Hi... I'm new here and still very much unsure of what to say or whether or not to share my story, or what I am expecting out of sharing or not sharing and finally confronting everything thats happened. I belive I'm just scared to share because my case wasn't just an isolated event and it wasnt a stranger. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. My name is Marie, and I'm 19. Hopefully I'll get the strength to start healing soon. :unsure:

Thank you. I have my story typed out, its short and several details are missing... so I'm still scared to post it because I dont know what people with think or say, though I want to. Its shameful and disgusting to me. I'm at a point where I'm finally angry and I dont know where to go from there.

Edited by Anonymous09

Hi Anon, please don't be afraid to feel or say anything here. We've heard it all and believe me, unfortunately there are many people just like you. There is no judgment and tons of support here so feel free to say as much or as little as you want to when you are ready.

Sorry for the things that brought you here, but I'm glad you found us.

HUGS

Hi Marie and welcome. Share as much or as litle as you feel comfortable with. One thing I have found since I joined is that whatever your story, your issue or problem someone here will identify so you are never alone and everyone will support you.

XXX

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

:wave: Anon, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

:aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found us. Don't ever be afraid to share anything on here. Everyone here is so supportive and understanding. And don't feel like you have to talk right away either. Just read others stories or start out in the "Humor" forum. It kind of helps to break the ice. Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome Marie. I understand how you feel. I'm new as well and haven't shared any of my story except for the fact it happened 21 years ago and I finally broke my silence and went to law enforcement a few weeks ago about it. I also am not sure what to discuss just yet. For one, I have to be questioned by the D.A., etc and wait to see if charges are going to be pressed. Then I believe I can open up more...but in time when I'm ready. My abuser was also not a stranger. It was my uncle. I feel like I had two abusers in a way though because the person I kept running too for help kept telling me I was making things up (granted, I was 14 at the time).

Anyhow, welcome and know that we are all in this together.

Welcome to the board ... :aswelcomesu: