Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Ignore List

I have asked questions about things with the board and never got answered. I don't think anyone works here. (LOL)

Just to TRY to help, did you save the changes and/or log off then on again? Maybe that'll help.

hope I'm not the one you are trying to ignore, that would stink.

I think if you put someone on ignore - it only prevents you from recieveing any pms from that person - it does not stop you from seeing that they have posted on the message board -

best wishes

karen

I have asked questions about things with the board and never got answered. I don't think anyone works here. (LOL)

Just to TRY to help, did you save the changes and/or log off then on again? Maybe that'll help.

hope I'm not the one you are trying to ignore, that would stink.

No, you're not the person. I really enjoy hearing what you have to say. Well, reading. :)

I think if you put someone on ignore - it only prevents you from recieveing any pms from that person - it does not stop you from seeing that they have posted on the message board -

best wishes

karen

Well, that explains it.

I put someone on my ignore list but I can still see her posts. Aren't they supposed to be hidden?

You can put them in an ignore list so that you can't see their posts, you will still see where they have posted, but not their actual posts, unless you specifically choose to. You have a PM block list, which blocks specific people from sending you PMs, and then you have an Ignored Users list, which manages the users who you don't wish to see posts from, both of these lists can be found on the left hand side My Controls panel.

I didn't know you could write in this forum. I literally thought it was just facts for the public...

Hey there Sunshinee, you sure can :) ... this forum is used as a kind of corrispondence forum between the member community and the AS team, and is a place where you can give us suggestions, ask us questions (except for the womens forum password question, please PM us for this), or leave a comment. It's a great way where you can make suggestions, and share ideas you have that could make AS even better then it is now, and many members ideas have been incorporated into AS and continue to make AS the great place it is today :) ... and yes this forum does also have FAQs etc, and information about AS for the public also :)

Why isn't anyone answering my question? Have I offended someone by asking and now because of it nobody will tell me? I think it's a legitimate question.

In regards to these comments, this question is a legitimate one, and one we're happy to answer and help you out in resolving, however, all the staff at AfterSilence are volunteers, so we do need abit more then afew hours to respond most of the time, we all have our own lives to lead, and aren't on call for AfterSilence, however we do try our best to respond as quickly as possible. I can also assure azazo that we do answer every question within a responable time (if we have not responded to a question within afew days, then please feel to bump the thread) and that the whole AS team works very hard to ensure this website continues to run smoothly and that all concerns that members raise are addressed in due course, and ensure AS continues to be the wonderful place it is today. We do this as volunteers, basically because we really like doing this (I know personally I love it), and helping other survivors on their healing journies, however as you can understand we all lead our busy lives (work, families, studies, business etc), and as such, do need time to respond to these kind of things on AS.

Please, if you have any issues regarding the contribution of any AS team member please feel free to PM them, or the administrative team.

John

Really John? A reasonable amount of time? Weeks and weeks of repeating the same question with still no answer is reasonable? OK, it really isn't a big deal I guess. When I first come here each day I see that there are 5 pages of posts(give or take) and after I make my first comment, they all disappear and I can't see anymore. I figured ways around it tho, I sit here with a pen and paper and make a note of the posts I want to go back to after I read them all so I can comment. It takes hours and hours, but this place is worth it I guess.

My comment was not made seriously about no one working here,(hence the LOL) I am totally aware that everyone very graciously volunteers and all have lives to live and some questions just can't be answered. I also understand that some people lack the capacity for humor or sarcasm so I will try my hardest to curb mine so as not to offend anyone in the future.

Hi Azazo,

I have been having that same problem. What I have been doing is when everything disappears. I go to the home page, scroll all the way down to where it shows a list of all the active members. Right above that list it was will say

todays active topics, etc

If you click on that it will bring up all the topics for that day.

Hope that will help save you a little time :flowers:

:hug: :hug:

Sad

You can put them in an ignore list so that you can't see their posts, you will still see where they have posted, but not their actual posts, unless you specifically choose to. You have a PM block list, which blocks specific people from sending you PMs, and then you have an Ignored Users list, which manages the users who you don't wish to see posts from, both of these lists can be found on the left hand side My Controls panel.

I did put the person on my ignore list, and I can read the posts just fine. :shrug:

Hi guys,

I have looked into these bugs and there is a glitch on the current version of this board's software. IPB is working on releasing a newer version sometime soon, until then, unfortunately we have to deal with this. I know it's annoying, I'm sorry.

Hey there Sunshinee, you sure can :) ... this forum is used as a kind of corrispondence forum between the member community and the AS team, and is a place where you can give us suggestions, ask us questions (except for the womens forum password question, please PM us for this), or leave a comment. It's a great way where you can make suggestions, and share ideas you have that could make AS even better then it is now, and many members ideas have been incorporated into AS and continue to make AS the great place it is today :) ... and yes this forum does also have FAQs etc, and information about AS for the public also :)

Thanks John!

To add on to what Lindy said, members are seeking a faster response time should consider sending a PM to either a member of the Newbie Support Team or a member of the Moderator Team. Most of us don't check the FAQs forum too often and so turn around time tends to be less than what is desirable.