Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey I'm New Here

Hey my name is samantha. I am 17. I was sexually abuse by my father when I was 10. It finally started to effect me when I was 16. I am I therapy but it dos not seem to help me. I am scared and don't know what to do. I am very suicidal and have had a few attemps. Being abuse has effected me so much and in so many ways. I just don't know what to do anymore. I saw this website and figured, maybe it could help some.

:wave: Samantha, & welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hey Samantha,

Welcome to AfterSilence :tealribbon: - I'm 18 so I'm only abit older then you :) - I am really sorry that you've been having such hard recently, AS is a really supportive place to be, and I hope we can help with supporting you through these difficult times :bighug:

I look forward to seeing you here at AfterSilence :flowers:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you.

Take care,

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Welcome to the board .. :aswelcomesu:

Hey my name is samantha. I am 17. I was sexually abuse by my father when I was 10. It finally started to effect me when I was 16. I am I therapy but it dos not seem to help me. I am scared and don't know what to do. I am very suicidal and have had a few attemps. Being abuse has effected me so much and in so many ways. I just don't know what to do anymore. I saw this website and figured, maybe it could help some.

Hi Samantha. My name is Carissa. I'm 19. I was sexually abused by my boyfriend for about six months. My father abused me when I was 17, by brother when he was 8, and my sister at 16. When I was young, I would punnish myself. I was also harming myself for a very long time. I would punch myself in the leg in elementary school, pull out hair in 5th & 6th grade, and cut from 15 to present. I was suicidal from 16 to a few weeks ago. I was hospitalized for suicidal ideation this past September. From personal experience, I will tell you to NOT go to a hospital. I was treated horrible during my stay. The nurses talked to me like I was four years old and did nothing about one of the patients who attempted to put a tea bag down my shirt. I would, however, highly recommend going to a local group who specializes in counseling. There are some places that also have lower prices for those in a financially difficult situations. Try looking for a place called Turning Point online or in your area. I would also reccommend that you see a psychiatrist. I was dealing with suicidal thoughts for a very long time, and nothing would make them go away. Then, I finally saw a psychiatrist and started taking antidepressants. I now feel more stable than any other time of my life. I can relate to the pain of dealing with suicidal thoughts. I do not want you to have to deal with that alone. I am here for you. Please, ask your counselor about seeing a psychiatrist. I honestly believe it could help you. If you are afraid that you will attempt suicide again, PLEASE call help hotline or find help online. There are so many people that care about you. Please don't be afraid to reach out.

Samantha,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board. Take good care of yourself.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug: