Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey I'm New Here

Hi. My name is Kelly. I recently started therapy because I was having nightmares and flashbacks. The flashbacks were of my father raping me when I was 8 years old. However I am 20 now and did not even recall it. My therapist told me it's the brain's natural reaction to block it out, especially a child's. My father went to Florida and stopped contact when I was 13 and he recently came back into town two years ago. Now my sister is getting married and she wants my father involved. I can't even see him now that I realized what he has done to me, possibly to others. What can I do? I've already told my sister and she told me nicely that she doesn't believe me. I may have to ask her to choose between me or him, because I cannot see him at that wedding. :(

:wave: Kelly, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Kelly,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some good people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board. Please take good care of yourself.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug:

Hey Kelly,

Welcome to AfterSilence :tealribbon: - I am really sorry about the situation with your sister Kelly, it sounds complex, and I hope she sees sense, because she should believe you, how you're feeling is totally understandable and she should believe you :hug: ... I am sorry for the hurt this is causing you :bighug:

I look forward to seeing you around AfterSilence and getting the support you deserve, because this site is very supportive - Feel free to PM me anytime :)

Hi Kelly welcome to AS :wave::aswelcomesu:

Im sorry your having a hard time, it must be hard to be in that situation! I hope that you find the support you need here!

:hug::hug::hug:

Cathy

Edited by fightergirl

Welcome to the board .. :aswelcomesu:

Thank you everyone. Its been tough the past few months, especially with my sister. I love her and fear something may have happened to her as well, she just doesnt remember anything. But everytime I try to talk to her about him, she just gets mad and changes the subject. Now the wedding coming up, I'm afraid she may have to choose who to have in that wedding, because I can't see him. It's not going to be easy. :(

Kelly,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board. Take good care of yourself.

:bighug::notalone::luck::supportu::bighug: