Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Nervous. Hello

Hey, its great to have joined this sight. Im so very scared. Im a young girl who has never ever spoke in any kind of detail about the things that have happend to me. Im not sure im ready to im just planning on being a really good listener for awhile...

:wave: Girl16, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hi ,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I know how scary sharing can be! Take your time and it will come when you are ready.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

You are incredibly brave for reaching out for support! I waited 10 years after my childhood to even admit what happened to me. It's really hard to talk about abuse, but it's so worth it. Once you get help, you learn how to protect yourself. I still have ups and downs, but it's so much better than keeping it all bottled up. Whenever you are ready, we are all here for you. In the meantime, keep reading stories. You'll see that you are not alone in your struggle.

Hey, its great to have joined this sight. Im so very scared. Im a young girl who has never ever spoke in any kind of detail about the things that have happend to me. Im not sure im ready to im just planning on being a really good listener for awhile...

Welcome to the board .. :aswelcomesu:

Hi BrokenGirl!! I'm glad you found us though, I am sad you needed to. Read away. We aren't going anywhere, and when you are ready, say whatever you feel comfortable with, it doesn't matter how much or how little, we are all here for each other.

Just know that nothing that happened to you was your fault. No one will ever judge you here or blame you for anything. We KNOW how you feel and in that, this place can be so comforting and a safe place to let out our feelings.

HUGS!

Welcome to AS!

It's okay, You can post anything at your own pace. No one is going to make you in anyway. When ever you're ready, we are hear to listen.

AS is filled with wonderful, compassionate people. I hope you have a wonderful experience on here and I'm sorry for what ever had brought you here.

Take your time. :)

See you around.

♥,

Sadie

Brokengirl,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. Take good care of yourself and know that you aren't alone.

:bighug::supportu::luck::notalone::bighug:

hi girl 16 welcome to here, you will find it very supportive here and hope you can talk about what hurt you cause it can realy help.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand your fear. I have only told one person all the details of my story and that was the detective that I spoke with a few weeks back. That being after 21 years of keeping silent. I'm scared of sharing my story, but not as much with fellow survivors or victims, but with family, friends, especially my dad. I guess I'm going to have to muster up the courage to post my story soon.