Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Hello.

Guest Yo-Adrienne

Guest Yo-Adrienne

Hi everyone,

I found this site a few weeks ago, but I'm shy about posting...it took me until now to grow the cojones to do this...gee whiz, I'm even sitting here blushing about it.

I'm 22, a student in an Masters of Fine Arts in Poetry program, and a survivor of both CSA and date r*pe.

I rarely, if ever, talk about it, and frankly I'm tired of it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to implode with all the built-up emotion I carry around all the time. I'm really glad this place exists--I've been looking for a community of survivors for a long, long time.

Whew. This takes a lot out of a person, doesn't it?!

*I'm really excited about this first post...I feel like crawling out of my skin* :blink:

Welcome to AS!

Whew.  This takes a lot out of a person, doesn't it?!

Yeah, it definitely does, but everybody here is so supportive, that it gets easier.

((lots of safe hugs))

-Alex

Welcome to AS - take your time but know that we are always here if and when you want to post. i hope you find support here hon and look forward to getting to know you

:hug:

Sonic xx

biq welcome hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

you're not alone, this is a great place to get support

~charlene~

Edited by Fiery_Faerie

Welcome to AS. :)

It is very hard to get that first post out. I think it may get easier once you realize how much you have in common with everyone and can identify with them. Take your time...post when and if you want to. You will find a lot of good people here.

Kelly

Welcome to AS. :)

It is very hard to get that first post out. I think it may get easier once you realize how much you have in common with everyone and can identify with them. Take your time...post when and if you want to. You will find a lot of good people here.

Kelly

:) Welcome to AS

The first one is very hard, you are very courageous. There is much good support here, Hope we can help you in your healing. Take care. :greet::hug::wub:

welcome to AS...I'm finding i like this place and the people who make it up...there is a good atmosphere here...

I am also in college right now...I think it is neat that you are into poetry :)

Sorry for all you've been through hon...I hope to see you around the boards...

MsRuby

The first post is always the most daunting. After that it gets a little easier. I'm glad you've found us here, everyone is very supportive and we will not rush you into anything until you are ready

Welcome to the family :)

~Nene

Welcome to AS, I hope that it helps on your healing journey .. :hug:

*I'm really excited about this first post...I feel like crawling out of my skin* :blink:

We shall be gentle as you dry off... As someone else said here, we're all butterflies emerging from our chrysallises (or should that be chrysallii?!)

Welcome to AS sweetie.

Ruthie