Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A Very Nervous "hi"

Azaria

Hi all,

REALLY nervous as this site is MUCH bigger than I thought it might be.

I'm 42 and found a link to this site from one here in the UK. Just putting my date of birth in a different format threw me!

Anyway, although I hate there to be a need for sites like this, I'm REALLY grateful there are.

I hope I can find my way around!

:hi:

Welcome here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the people are great

and u'll love it

:tealribbon:

:flowers: Thanks for your replies, they are much appreciated, it's nice to feel welcomed so quickly, and already helping me to feel comfortable about findng a space on here for myself.

:notalone::supportu::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Azaria welcome to AS :flowers: I can totally relate to being surprised about the size of this site, I was amazed myself when I first joined. Although there are many people here, I hope you will not feel overwhelmed. This is such a wonderful supportive site. I hope that you will find us all to be great help along your healing journey. If you need anything at all feel free to pm me. Take care.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

Hi Azaria,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care

Thank you for your very kind replies and welcomes, will hopefully feel as brave as all of you and be able to share a bit more of my story and struggles over time-still all very new, but am amazed at everyones bravery and courage in posting their own stories.

This feels like a safe space in a horribly unsafe world.

:thanks:

Hi Azaria, welcome to After Silence. We're a large community, yet very close-knit. I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but I am glad you have found us.

I hope you find the support you deserve here.

Take gentle care,

Lindy

:wave: Azaria, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hey there Azaria,

AfterSilence is quite a big community however, we do look out for each other, and we are certainly a close community, I am very glad you've decided to come here, and be apart of this community, because it's such a warm and validating place to be, however I am very sorry for what you've experienced which brings you here, never-the-less it is a very positive thing you're here, because you, along with other here like you, and who understand you, can heal togeather :)

Welcome to AfterSilence! :tealribbon: I am sure it's going to be wonderful having you here and please do feel free to PM me anytime :bighug::hug: :hug:

:ThankYou: ALL VERY VERY much. I've been made to feel so welcome here and am glad that I have a chance to make some new friends who I don't have to pretend with and also friends that I hopefully can give back something to as well. Though there are people that are empathetic that haven't been through our experiences, there is such a richness of communication and understanding among those of us who have.

Welcome to the board .. :aswelcomesu:

Azaria,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are some great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. Take good care of yourself and know that you aren't alone.

:bighug::supportu::luck::notalone::bighug: