Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

5 Words To Your Perpetrator

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Travis:

Face it you're a rapist.

I hope you have changed.

I pray for you Travis.

Jon:

It wasnt consentual you lier.

Why'd you tell everyone at school I am an easy sl*t (not 5 words)

I will pray for you.

and to both....

Karma is a b*tch.

Even though they are not worth my time or presence and scare me shitless....so yeah

• 2 weeks later...

gender is not a defense

your vagina was your weapon

you have not earned forgiveness

It's all because of you.

I blame you-only you.

Why did you do this?

I could kill you myself.

(It's probably too soon for me to decide for sure what I would say in 5 words or less, but I've been thinking about this a lot, and this is what I would say to him, at least it's how I feel right now.)

"You need help, get it."

(note: Perpetrator was someone very close to me, I can't help but still care about them on some level.)

This is an interesting exercise. Another one that might work is what a therapist got me to do, and I think it really helped. She got me to write a letter to my abuser. It could be as long or as short as I liked. I poured anything and everything into this letter. Then she had me cut every single word out. I took all these words, thoughts, and feelings and put them in a helium balloon. After taking a deep breathe I let the balloon go. I watched it float away.

Obviously forgiving and forgetting isn't this simple but to visualize literally letting go really helped and brought me that much closer to closure and forgiveness.

Just a thought :blush: