Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Back And Forth

kyva

To my fellow survivors, I hope you all are doing well. I have been ok, just in and out if you know what I mean. I had a downfall last week, which I am slowly pulling myself out of. As for my inactivity, a lot has happened.

Back in april I lost my job. I left Thursday afternoons for therapy. They knew about this and yet kept asking for "doctors notes." I had explained that I do not feel comfortable with them knowing where I am going exactly and my therapist told me they had no right to know. Well, the kept hammering me, accusing me of cutting out of work early to do "fun things." They even threatened to fire me.

I spent 2 days, sick with anxiety. I went in close to the end of the second day and blew up at my managers. I quit . . . it just was not worth it.

Since then, I have been in business for myself. It has taken a while to get started, but things are going fairly well now. I like the fact that I make my own hours, so if I am having an anxiety attack, I do not need to call in sick. I have also been eating better and have not had as many shadows as I did when I worked in the doctor's office.

Grant it, money is tight, but I think that goes for just about all of us. I also have not been back to therapy for almost 7 months. I do think my business keeps me busy enough to keep my mind on other things. I have had some time to reflect, but it has not been nearly as bad. I also have not tried to harm myself for almost a year now, so I am very happy.

I hope this gets me up to speed. Sorry for vanishing a while ago. I still need to get my book of poetry out there.

:wave: Kyva, and welcome back!

:supportu::notalone:

To my fellow survivors, I hope you all are doing well. I have been ok, just in and out if you know what I mean. I had a downfall last week, which I am slowly pulling myself out of. As for my inactivity, a lot has happened.

Back in april I lost my job. I left Thursday afternoons for therapy. They knew about this and yet kept asking for "doctors notes." I had explained that I do not feel comfortable with them knowing where I am going exactly and my therapist told me they had no right to know. Well, the kept hammering me, accusing me of cutting out of work early to do "fun things." They even threatened to fire me.

I spent 2 days, sick with anxiety. I went in close to the end of the second day and blew up at my managers. I quit . . . it just was not worth it.

Since then, I have been in business for myself. It has taken a while to get started, but things are going fairly well now. I like the fact that I make my own hours, so if I am having an anxiety attack, I do not need to call in sick. I have also been eating better and have not had as many shadows as I did when I worked in the doctor's office.

Grant it, money is tight, but I think that goes for just about all of us. I also have not been back to therapy for almost 7 months. I do think my business keeps me busy enough to keep my mind on other things. I have had some time to reflect, but it has not been nearly as bad. I also have not tried to harm myself for almost a year now, so I am very happy.

I hope this gets me up to speed. Sorry for vanishing a while ago. I still need to get my book of poetry out there.