Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, Ladies And Gents! Nice Ta Meetcha!

Well, hello all my lovely friends here on AS, male, female, trans, inter, and the occasional hyperintelligent chameleon or llama! I'd say I'm glad to be here, but I think all of us would be happier if there weren't a need for places like this. Then again, I'd be happier if all my meals were ice cream, too. But life isn't like that, so it's a good thing we can come here when we need to.

Enough prittle-prattle, now the 16-ounce angus beef of our burger. I'm Marcus, also called Markie or Marcy, depending on which gender I dress as. I'm biologically male, and if my life were different would probably transgender later on, but I don't see much point to it. I'm gay (or straight, if you look at me as female); either way, I'm interested specifically in the y-chromosome. I'm 17, I'm a freshman at college, and enjoy a wide range of activities, from drawing and reading and playing piano to video games, martial arts, dancing, clubbing, and taking long walks through not-so-nice parts of town at unsavory hours of the night. If you're ever in a major city in the northeastern US, and happen to be wandering around at 3 or 4 AM, you might run into me... I tend to be out walking around then, and end up meeting some stunningly interesting people that way.

Now, for the issues, I suppose. This'll just be a synopsis, so you know what you're dealing with, and hopefully we can avoid any triggering incidents. Speaking of triggers, I'll block this out... you can read it if you choose.

I'm a familial non-sexual abuse victim, not on the behalf of my parents (I love my parents to death, naive as they are), but on the behalf of my not-so-sane uncle, who is now out in the midwest cutting wood instead of 5-year-olds. I'm a twice-over rape victim, at 11 and 13; I won't go much more into that. I ran away at 13, lived on my own for a couple years doing what every underage runaway gay boy without a place to sleep and with a feminine face does; I sold my derriere to the masses. Again, I'm not going to go into those times because, first of all, they're pretty upsetting, and second of all I don't remember them as well as I might, due to a combination of drug haze (meth was my poison of choice, though I did a lot of things) and suppressed memories.

I went home after that, finished school, graduated, and now I'm at a nice college, close enough to the city that I can walk there in about 2 hours, which is a nice warmup if I want to go dancing and nothing's happening on campus. So that's my story, pretty much.

I have a younger sister, she's a couple years younger with a massive inferiority complex and hair that has caused her to be likened to Cousin It from the Addams Family on more than one occasion; two loving parents, who I have not told anything to and don't plan to; a lovely, energetic (read: hyperactive and insane but in a fun way) group of friends, almost completely female or gay, who I lurve to pieces, and two cats when I'm at home. No, I didn't smuggle them into school in my luggage. They'd hate it anyways, they're not really bookworms.

I'm a lifelong atheist, though I love to debate religion in a friendly, intelligent manner... no bashing, just the intelligent, calm exchange of views.

I don't see a T, though I've had neurological scans done after some injuries (pretty shocking what they show... two parts of my brain are pretty trashed, including the left frontal lobe... injuries). So most of my self-analysis is done without professional aid. I have no idea what would qualify me as DID, if I am... I just consider it different sides of me, though they think and react differently and in some cases have separate memories. I'll list the three main sides, though, summarized by their one-sentence philosophies.

1: the happy, bright side. I like to show this side around my friends and family. "Life's short, so let's have fun, once work is done!" Basically, me at age 10, but taller and more knowledgeable.

2: the depressed, angsty side: only when I'm alone. never shown around others. "Life gives you everything then tears it all away, as painfully as possible, but I won't end it until I repay my debt to my parents."

3: the club boy: shown at clubs (uh... duh) and in other similar social situations. Kinda a psychopath, been compared to Brian Kinney from Queer as Folk, a show I lurve, but without the commitment to Justin or to his work. Two quotes for this one: "No excuses, no apologies, no regrets," as Brian says. and the philosophy: "Yes, I'm a f@g, yes, I'm going to hell. You know what, world? I'm dragging you down with me, with one giant middle finger up your collective @$$." Kinda crude and rude, but he has his charisma.

I generally keep all three sides somewhat balanced with logical, calm me.

So, that's me in a very-long nutshell. Congrats for reaching the end of this epic, and I hope you'll welcome me to this lovely place!

:flowers:

I did read to the end and welcome!!!

Hope you find all the support and friendship you need here

best wishes

karen

Thanks, Karen, and it's nice to meet you. Yeah, it occurs to me that a shorter intro might have been prudent... eh heh heh *bashfulness* I tend to get a bit wordy sometimes.

Take care!

Marcus

:wave: Marcus, and welcome to AS! Um, how do I read the blocked out part of your intro? Thanks.

Welcome to the site Marcus, I’m Giselle. OMG I love to debate religion too only I'm not an atheist, I'm a Bill Maher follower...Yeah I'm part of the 'I don't know' club. I hope you have fun on here. :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Lynn

Hyougaakira,

:aswelcomesu:

I am sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

hey..read yoiur epic intro lol!!!

really liked your post...good to be able to get a sense of who somebody is :)..lol, cant reely remember my intro, but im sure it was all of 3 sentences..long eh!. musta been in once of my more 'sociable' moods wen i rote haha

anyways, im glad your here..i wish ya didnt have to be..as you say, the world would be a Much better place if there was no need for these kinda places...but,,,well..the world never promised to be nice i guess...

anyways..this is a reely great place, wiv lots of reely friendly, supportive ppl and i am glad you came across us here. I think your gonna fit right in, so..looking forward to gettin to know ya better, andf hoping that being here is as benificial to ya as ya wanted it to be..

i know from my own experience, that..just knowing i have place to go where i can just be real about this..ya know..drop the facade of 'yep, im fine, lifes kewl and ive never been more chuffed' (erm..chuffed=happly) wel..it helps a LOT...ya need to have that safe spot ya can come to at times, and just..let this stuff out...and know that what your sayin is understood by ppl and know that after ya have sed it nothings gonna change in ppl heres peceptions of you..if that makes sense?

wont go on and on..basically..just wanted to say welcome to AS..glad your here...oh and..Queer as Folk is BRILLIANT! i love it!!!

take care

xxx

hey..read yoiur epic intro lol!!!

really liked your post...good to be able to get a sense of who somebody is :)..lol, cant reely remember my intro, but im sure it was all of 3 sentences..long eh!. musta been in once of my more 'sociable' moods wen i rote haha

anyways, im glad your here..i wish ya didnt have to be..as you say, the world would be a Much better place if there was no need for these kinda places...but,,,well..the world never promised to be nice i guess...

anyways..this is a reely great place, wiv lots of reely friendly, supportive ppl and i am glad you came across us here. I think your gonna fit right in, so..looking forward to gettin to know ya better, andf hoping that being here is as benificial to ya as ya wanted it to be..

i know from my own experience, that..just knowing i have place to go where i can just be real about this..ya know..drop the facade of 'yep, im fine, lifes kewl and ive never been more chuffed' (erm..chuffed=happly) wel..it helps a LOT...ya need to have that safe spot ya can come to at times, and just..let this stuff out...and know that what your sayin is understood by ppl and know that after ya have sed it nothings gonna change in ppl heres peceptions of you..if that makes sense?

wont go on and on..basically..just wanted to say welcome to AS..glad your here...oh and..Queer as Folk is BRILLIANT! i love it!!!

take care

xxx