Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here.

Hi. I thought I would never be joining a message board like this but we never know the hand that we will be dealt. I posted in the secondary survivor forum. As you can probably figure out by my username, I am one mad mama. My oldest child was molested and I just found out 10 years after the fact. Anyways, I am going to look around and get some useful information. I sure do need it. This last week has been a real doozy for my family.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone who has had to join this message board.

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence. I am glad that you are responding in a positive, supportive manner as this dear one struggles to come to grips with what she/he endured. Too often those of us who have gone through sexual abuse are dismissed, ignored, or resented. You must be 1 good momma too.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Edited by sisterinsurvival

:wave: Mama, and welcome to AS!

:supportu::notalone:

1madmama,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and enouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good are of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

Hey there :hug:

I know my parents would be able to relate to how you're feeling, but please know nothing you've done, or your eldest child has done was wrong, there are some sick people in the world, but it's important to remember to leave your eldest in control of everything that happens pertaining to their abuse and just give them the support you need.

Thank-you for helping your survivor child the way you have, and feel free to tell them about AfterSilence if you wish :bighug:

John

Hey 1madmamma,

Welcome to AS. I am also new on here but I am a survivor. You will find this site helpful. I know it has for me so far and I have only been on here for a day. I am glad your daughter finally got up to courage to tell you. I still have yet to tell my family.

Just by joining you are showing how much you care for your child! It would have meant the world to me if my real mother had believed me when I told her what had happened to me as a child. I hope you find helpful advice here, and support. I know that being a secondary survivor can be extremly painful as well! Stay strong, never give up, and remember to take one step at a time. If there is anything I have learned through it all, its that love is an incredible healing tool. :wub: Life can be hard, and you are right.... sometimes we get dealt a crappy hand. But we grow stronger through that. And one day, you will no longer be one mad momma (as much), but rather one strong momma!

Good luck to you, I will think positive thoughts for you and your family! Stay strong!

Lil'angel :flowers:

Hi, 1madmama I am sorry that you had to join, and for what your daughter has went and is still going through, I wish my parents would have been this supportive when I told, I so glade to see you support your daughter in her journey to healing, should you ever need to talk I am here for you both feel free to PM or IM me any time, you are not alone, unfortunately there are many of us, keep being supportive of her and let her know that you do care and it's not her fault. :hug: