Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I Am New

Hi,

I am new to AS. I am a 24 year old female living in the midwest. I have repressed my memories from the abuse that occured to me for 16 years. I have never received any counseling for my issues, because my parents "don't believe in it". Some recent events in my life have made me realize how broken I am and how the SA has affected me and my relationships with everyone I know and love for almost my entire life. The need for control in my life has lead to having an eating disorder since I was 13. I am mostly recovered from those issues and I am currently at a healthy BMI, but it is very easy for me to fall into hold habits when life get difficult or stressful.

As my screen names states... I am here for a reason. I am ready to stop running from my problems and deal with them head on.

I am just not sure were to start. There is such a large part of me that is still afraid to open that box in my mind and let all the emotions and memories flood out.

I am currently in couple's counseling with my long-term boyfriend for relaitonship problems that I am sure stem from the SA.

I am just hoping to get advice and support from people who have been right where I am. Afraid.. scared, and unsure of what my future holds. :unsure:

Here if you ever want to speak. I am new too and already i feel a bit better after speaking to some people.

Please - you dont have to feel scared here- it really is a place that can help you and you can for once feel safe.

I have run to so many places in my life but im hoping at least i can run with this site with me.

Hope you gradually feel the same :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I know that I have found the strength to face another day many times through the words and presence of those dear ones who make this site a true "community." I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hi,

I am new to AS. I am a 24 year old female living in the midwest. I have repressed my memories from the abuse that occured to me for 16 years. I have never received any counseling for my issues, because my parents "don't believe in it". Some recent events in my life have made me realize how broken I am and how the SA has affected me and my relationships with everyone I know and love for almost my entire life. The need for control in my life has lead to having an eating disorder since I was 13. I am mostly recovered from those issues and I am currently at a healthy BMI, but it is very easy for me to fall into hold habits when life get difficult or stressful.

As my screen names states... I am here for a reason. I am ready to stop running from my problems and deal with them head on.

I am just not sure were to start. There is such a large part of me that is still afraid to open that box in my mind and let all the emotions and memories flood out.

I am currently in couple's counseling with my long-term boyfriend for relaitonship problems that I am sure stem from the SA.

I am just hoping to get advice and support from people who have been right where I am. Afraid.. scared, and unsure of what my future holds. :unsure:

First of all.. Welcome! I'm sorry that the past feels like it's catching up with you right now. I believe if you keep committed to dealing with it and as you stated, quit running from it that you can receive healing a little bit at a time. It's a hard thing to do, that's why we're all here, to support each other and encourage each other when it gets tough. I hope you feel at home here soon and find the support you need.

tiredofrunning,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

Here if you ever want to speak. I am new too and already i feel a bit better after speaking to some people.

Please - you dont have to feel scared here- it really is a place that can help you and you can for once feel safe.

I have run to so many places in my life but im hoping at least i can run with this site with me.

Hope you gradually feel the same :hug:

Thank you for your kind reply. I am hoping to make some friends here and understand myself better in long run. I have never been very open about discussing what I wewnt through when I was a little girl, so it is scarey to open up. This is my firsty step in learning to talk about what I experienced... hopefully it will give me the courage to find a counselor who can help me. :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I know that I have found the strength to face another day many times through the words and presence of those dear ones who make this site a true "community." I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

I hope that I will feel like I am part of this community soon. I have looked around a bit and I am trying to become familiar with the set up of the forums. I own my own website with a messageboard and I use Invision, so I shuldn't have too many problems.

Thanks! :flowers:

Hi and Welcome to AS!!

Thank you! :wub:

Welcome to you,

I am also in the Midwest and am a recent survivor of a violent SA. Perhaps we can get to know one another and help eachother along the way!!

I am so sorry to hear that. My SA occured a long time ago when I was a little girl. If you ever need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on let me know. :):hug:

Edited by tiredofrunning
Hi,

First of all.. Welcome! I'm sorry that the past feels like it's catching up with you right now. I believe if you keep committed to dealing with it and as you stated, quit running from it that you can receive healing a little bit at a time. It's a hard thing to do, that's why we're all here, to support each other and encourage each other when it gets tough. I hope you feel at home here soon and find the support you need.

I think that it is good that I am finally opening up to the fact that I need to deal with my past. I have hid from it for far too long.

Thanks for the support.

tiredofrunning,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

I will try. :hug:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I already feel like I am surrounded with friends. :wub:

:wave: and welcome to AS! I'm glad you're 'tiredofrunning'.

:notalone::youcanheal:

Thank you!

Everyone here seem so welcoming and supportive... from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

You are very welcome!! :)

Welcome to AS :flowers: