Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hello all,

I just recently signed up here because I just recently had to deal with my past due to severe anxiety attacks. Never had them before, I am usually very laid back and now the panic attacks made me really paranoid and on edge. Which is not me at all.

I eventually gave in to see a counselor and at first I did not speak much because I usually liked to handle things on my own and don't like expressing my feelings much. However, as she was digging into my life as she tried to help me with the anxiety attacks.....my past also came up. It was a box I had closed a long time ago and never spoke of it.

It was crazy how this all came to bite me in the butt 15 yrs later. But anyway, I spoke to her briefly about it and never got into the details of it. It's just something I can't do or have the strength to do rather. Since I am alone in this, and only she knows the truth of me, I came here to find others with my similar situation so that we may be able to help each other as we talk about it or something...I dunno.

Hope to make new friends and heal with you all.

Thanks

and

God Bless

:wave: Freedom, and welcome to AS!

:notalone::youcanheal:

Hi Freedom08,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

Our stores are similar. My problems started with anxiety too, and I didn't share about my CSA and SA for many years either. Everything came out when I started in therapy. After Silence has helped with the feeling of isolation as I have worked on these issues over the last several years. I hope that you find comfort and support here too. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Edited by sisterinsurvival

Welcome Freedom,

It was nice meeting you in chat. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Make yourself at home.

Becky

Welcome Freedom,

I just want to let you know that you are not alone in this. All of us are behind you all the way. A step at a time, at your own pace, and when you're ready.

And you have so much strength than what you seem to give yourself credit for. You went to go see a counselor and you've became a member of AS. I admire you for that.

Everyone has there own way of coping with things and certain things work for some people. Sometimes we really just need to vent to talk to someone to get it off our chest.

I'm proud of you for realizing that you're going to try and heal yourself from what ever happened and I'm sorry for what ever reason brought you to AS. We are here to listen when you're ready.

You are more than welcomed to message me anytime. =)

♥,

Sadie

Welcome Freedom,

I just want to let you know that you are not alone in this. All of us are behind you all the way. A step at a time, at your own pace, and when you're ready.

And you have so much strength than what you seem to give yourself credit for. You went to go see a counselor and you've became a member of AS. I admire you for that.

Everyone has there own way of coping with things and certain things work for some people. Sometimes we really just need to vent to talk to someone to get it off our chest.

I'm proud of you for realizing that you're going to try and heal yourself from what ever happened and I'm sorry for what ever reason brought you to AS. We are here to listen when you're ready.

You are more than welcomed to message me anytime. =)

♥,

Sadie

Thanks..really appreciate it!

Freedom08,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that brought you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are a lot of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

welcome to AS! glad you are on your way to healing.

i kept my secrets for over 25 years and went into therapy for eating issues. didn't think i would ever get close enough to tell anyone what happened but i was wrong. i found my therapist, Leigh, whom i am grateful for everyday and has literally saved my life.

Hello :flowers:

I just want you to know that I'm new here too. I can understand that the feeling unsure about this place or even yourself right now. Everthing is new...but its old memories. I knew of some of my sexual assualts but not till this past july did I really have to dig in deep. I'm also an anxiety attack sufferer and I couldn't understand them, why now? But i know everything happens when your body is ready to start to heal. I wish you luck and if you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message! My mind and ears are open! Nothing shocks me, trust me everyone here has a secret or two and they all came here to share and get help from simular people!

Take care,

Cheers!

:hug:

Hello all,

I just recently signed up here because I just recently had to deal with my past due to severe anxiety attacks. Never had them before, I am usually very laid back and now the panic attacks made me really paranoid and on edge. Which is not me at all.

I eventually gave in to see a counselor and at first I did not speak much because I usually liked to handle things on my own and don't like expressing my feelings much. However, as she was digging into my life as she tried to help me with the anxiety attacks.....my past also came up. It was a box I had closed a long time ago and never spoke of it.

It was crazy how this all came to bite me in the butt 15 yrs later. But anyway, I spoke to her briefly about it and never got into the details of it. It's just something I can't do or have the strength to do rather. Since I am alone in this, and only she knows the truth of me, I came here to find others with my similar situation so that we may be able to help each other as we talk about it or something...I dunno.

Hope to make new friends and heal with you all.

Thanks

and

God Bless