Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm New Here

Hello everyone,

I'm Ashliz, I'm 21 and I have just started dealing with what has happened to me, my sexual offender (who is my brother) was put in jail almost 6 months ago for a very similar crime. Every since then I have been dealing with pain everyday. I wish that I never opened the door, I wish I wasn't letting it effect me but I know it wont go away by hiding it any longer. For so long I just pretended that it didn't happen. I am glad that I found this web site. I look forward to hearing all of your stories and knowing that I'm not alone in how I feel. I hope that we can all help each other in dealing with the pain.

Ashliz05,

:aswelcomesu:

I am so sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable at at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

take good care of yourself, ok?

:notalone::supportu:

hi asliz 05 hi and welcome to AS i hope you are able to feel at home here and safe from those evil times you went through :hug:

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I know that I have found the strength to face another day many times through the words and presence of those dear ones who make this site a true "community." I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

Hi Ashliz,

I hope we can support each other. It's been about a week since I joined and I am already loving it. It's a great experience really =) If you need any help feel free to PM me=)

:wave: Ashliz, and welcome to AS!

:notalone:

you are definitly not alone. i had that and similar to that happen to me. For years i brushed it off because thats how everyone around me acted. like it was no big deal. After my mom died...i think its safe to say all Hell broke loose... i ran every chance i had i was away from the house. Id make up reasons as to why i wanted to be away because i couldnt face it. When i was 15 i finally moved out of the house and never went back. I still talk to my brothers but mostly out of habbit. When i was three my oldest brother (he is 10 years older) raped me. When they had someone come and talk to me.... i belive it was a social worker but im not sure.... she used words i didnt understand (i was three and she was an idiot) they didnt have much of a case with no testimony from me so he spent one night in jail and had some community service hours. He lived with us until he was 18 and moved out then moved back when my mom got sick a few years later. I resented my parents for that. He now has a daughter whom he lost custody of because he is a drug addict. For that i am somewhat thankful. I wont allow him to come near me or my son or any future kids that i may have. Now the other two...That im still working on the words for. :hug::unsure::drunk::triggering::bighug::console:

Hello everyone,

I'm Ashliz, I'm 21 and I have just started dealing with what has happened to me, my sexual offender (who is my brother) was put in jail almost 6 months ago for a very similar crime. Every since then I have been dealing with pain everyday. I wish that I never opened the door, I wish I wasn't letting it effect me but I know it wont go away by hiding it any longer. For so long I just pretended that it didn't happen. I am glad that I found this web site. I look forward to hearing all of your stories and knowing that I'm not alone in how I feel. I hope that we can all help each other in dealing with the pain.

I am so glad to made the decision to heal. It is the best thing you can do for yourself. I too kept my abuse buried for so many years. What a heavy burden it is to carry! If affected every single part of my life. Please lean on us whenever you need to. We will listen and understand. Remember we are all in this together.

Marie :wave:

:hug::comfort::comfort::notalone::notalone::youcanheal::youcanheal::aswelcomesu::bighug::bighug:

Thank you all for welcoming me, I am very sorry for the reasons we are all here. I hope that we all can help each other, we are already helping our selves by being here.

Foreverawake thank you for sharing your story with me, it's very similar to my own. I hate that we have sick brothers but I hope that we can over come the things they did to us together.

Thank you all so much :hug:

Hello and welcome to AS. it is very supportive here an i hope you can keep posting and letting it out :)