Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello All

ImLvProof

I just want to say thank you for all that you do. I'm a survivor of 19 years now. It happened when I was 16 and to this day I don't remember a lot of what happened that night. April 14, 2008 I had the honor of meeting Angela Shelton and she changed my life. I now know what my purpose in life is, and that is to be involve and do what it takes to stop sexual assault. I'm now working with the rape crisis center, and the military, as a VA, and the rainn.org hotline as a volunteer.

I found this forum and I think it is great! I need help myself cope with my story and I want to help others with theirs.

We must break the silience!!! :hi:

ImLvProof,

First of all, I just want to applaud you for your efforts. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself.

:notalone::supportu:

wow your an inspiration to us all!

welcome too AS!

hope to see you around

rock x

Welcome to AS, Proof.

:hi:

Hello ImLvProof, :flowers:

It must have been quiet an honour to meet Angela Shelton and I am happy to hear that it had such a positive effect on your healing, I always want to say well done on all the volunteer work that you have been doing to help survivors of sexual abuse :)

Breaking the silence and overcoming the hardish which we have endured is a very important part of the healing process and I am glad that you are working to help others in this process as well as embarking on your own healing journey, I look forward to seeing you here at AS and I hope that we can help you in your healing journey :flowers:

Please remember when you're here at AS, you're never alone, and you're never silent :tealribbon:

Hi Imlvproof :aswelcomesu:

I think it is wonderful that you have been reaching out to help other survivors :clap: Meeting Angela must have been such an amazing time for you. I am glad that you have decided to join the AS family. I look forward to seeing you around the boards. Take care.

:hug: :hug:

Sad

welcome and thank you for all the good work you are doing! and it must have been so cool to meet angela shelton :)