Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello...

amackin

So I guess I should start here.

My name is Amanda. I was raped a year ago today. I'm not dealing with it all that well. Well that isn't really true, I'm not dealing with it at all. When all this happened last year I was going through a lot. My husband of 5 years had just left me and I wasn't myself already and then it happened. I couldn't deal with it, still not even sure I can. But I have to. I can't live like this anymore. Everyday I think about it. I don't tell the people that are close to me. I don't know why really I guess I feel like I am a bother. After it happened it opened up other things as well, by that I mean past abuse from my childhood. I'm sorry if this doesn't really make sense. I'm just really not in a good place today.

~Manda~

((((amackin))))

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through something so traumatic and also that it is your 1 year anniversary of what happened, they can be so tough. You've joined a group of friends that will understand and support you. Don't ever feel alone, we are all here for you.

Sending caring healing wishes on your path to recovery. :hug: :hug:

Atlantis

Edited by Atlantis

amackin,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable and at home in no time. There are so many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself.

:notalone::supportu:

Welcome to AS Amackin. It's nice to meet u.

:flowers: Hi Manda :flowers:

I am so sorry, You have come to the right place. This is a fantastic place everyone is very supportive and understanding. It sounds like you have been through more than anyone should have to bare, but you are not alone. We are all here for you. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take Care

Macca :hug::hug:

Hey and Welcome!

rock x

Hi Manda,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I'm so sorry about what you've had to endure for the last year, and in your childhood. It's natural for sexual assault to trigger past abuse. The feelings surrounding having your control taken from you are the same.

I hope you find lots of support, comfort, and understanding here. You don't have to wear a mask, and pretend all is well here. We truly understand. As you begin to heal, you won't be alone. :) If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I look forward to seeing you around the site. :hug::)

Hello amackin, and welcome! I hope to get to know you better as time goes on. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you ever have any questions about our chat room.

Take care of yourself and thank you for joining us.

Best,

Capulet