Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello,partner Of Male Survivor

elfie

Hi,

I'm a partner of a male survivor. We love each other very much but his abuse has always caused us big problems in being together. We're trying really hard now to make a go of it and he is in therapy and committed to it. Need support to not go bonkers when it gets tough!! But,won't give up this time. He's my soulmate and I won't let what happened ruin everything,cos then that b****** (the abuser) has won.

elfie

Hi :aswelcomesu: I have always believed it takes a special person to support a survivor and stick by when the times get tough. It means so much to a survivor to have that kind of support. :hug:

Hi elfie, welcome to AS,

This is a great place, I am sure you will get all the support you need here. I just want to tell you that I think it is great that you are going to stick by your partner through this. It is people like you who give survivors hope. So thank you.

Take Care

Macca :hug::hug:

elfie,

:aswelcomesu:

I am really sorry for the things that have led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling comfortable in no time. There are lots of great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the board.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself.

:notalone::supportu:

Right on Elfie! Welcome!

Hi elfie,

Welcome. Being the partner of an abused male has to be hard, I know what it is like from my side.

If you need anything, feel free to ask.

Ken

Hi elfie,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I think it's great that you're seeking help and supporting your partner as he heals. There is a dedicated forum for Secondary Survivors located here. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I'll see you around the site. :):hug:

Hey elfie,

I just wanted to say that I believe your partner is very lucky to have someone who is such a caring person as his partner, it is clear that you are considerate of this situation and still love him very much, this is something all survivors need, someone who loves them, weather it be a parent, sibling, friend or partner, we as survivors can't do this alone, and in your partners life it seems to me you're that person, which I think makes you a very strong and loving person.

I hope that the information you get here at AS about survivors helps in your supporting of your survivors partner, and please remember your partner himself is always welcome here at AfterSilence also :tealribbon: