Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Changing Password?

Hello!

I reset my password, and a few days later couldn't use it to log in. Figured i needed to change it again, so requested another lost password. Today, when i finally found where it was to make it one i could actually remember, got another error message saying my password entered was incorrect. (copied from the doc. supplied by the lost password folks). So the bottom line is i have no clue what's going on or what to do about it....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Hello :flowers:

So you managed to get into your account? So what password did you enter to get into you account to post this message? Because that would be the password that your account is set to now.

Your password can be changed in the User control panel down the bottom left hand side, under the Options heading, down the bottom, it says, Change password.

Alternatively you can Click here when logged into your account to change your password.

John

• 7 years later...

How on earth did you find this "control panel"???? For some reason my account wouldn't let me access anything even though it recognized on the bottom that I was "online" (but wouldn't actually let me go beyond sign in page), so I requested a new password. This worked, obviously, but now I can't find any way of resetting my password. Searching for control panel only gave me this post, and can't find any link on my pages to let me reset?

Hi Tangle,

A couple of years ago there was a catastrophic failure on the forum server and After Silence was reestablished on another platform. Because of this the "User Control Panel" is now called "My Settings". To find this you use the drop down menu located next to your username at the top right hand side of the page. Once you choose the settings, the "Email & Password" reset option is the 2nd tab down on the right hand side of the screen.

Let us know if you still have trouble finding this.

Astro