Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Outcast

outcast

I chose my screen name because I am, in fact, an outcast. Formerly "Blueshift" on another board, I came to that board this morning to find myself locked out of posting or replying on the board. No explanation was given to me by PM or anything else, so all I can do is assume that they decided to give me the boot for some reason. :tear:

I have read and reread their rules and guidelines and have been careful not to violate any of them, so why this has happened is a mystery. I feel though that whatever the reason, it can not be a good one. Right now, I'm afraid the only conclusion I can draw is that they didn't like what I had to say about their asking all topics regarding homosexuality to be posted in their forum for "controversial topics" even though they have a gay/bi/trans forum.

That seemed to me to be pandering to homophobes and I expressed that feeling on the board. Now I'm booted with no explanation. I do not like labeling myself but I come closer to fitting the bisexual label than any other. So when it comes to defending the rights of homosexuals, I am not one to keep silent.

So it seems my speaking out has cost me my primary source of support in recovery. I hope I make as many friends here as I did there. I will greatly miss all the wonderful people I met there and hope that I will find more lasting acceptance on this site than I did there.

Anyway, it's really a tough time for me right now. I was depressed before I discovered this situation and now I am really in a serious funk. And if the woman I fell in love with last weekend breaks my heart this weekend, like my pessimistic mind tells me she will, then I'm really in trouble emotionally. All supportive feedback would be hugely appreciated!

peacefooter.jpg

:hug: I am sorry to hear you had trouble at the other board, and it is usually strange that you are just removed without reason :( Have you tried contacting the admins? Maybe they can look into it or at least give you an explanation..

Either way, welcome to the forum!! I hope you find what you need here. There are some amazing members here who I am sure they will do everything they can to help and support you :)

:hug: I am sorry to hear you had trouble at the other board, and it is usually strange that you are just removed without reason :( Have you tried contacting the admins? Maybe they can look into it or at least give you an explanation..

Either way, welcome to the forum!! I hope you find what you need here. There are some amazing members here who I am sure they will do everything they can to help and support you :)

I sent a pm to one of the mods. Haven't heard back yet. It does seem like they would pm me with some explanation. I am still hoping that it was just a mistake, but I'm too cynical to really believe it was.

peacefooter.jpg

Welcome Outcast. We won't give u the boot! Promise.

Well, I just read a pm from a mod on that site and I guess it wasn't intentional but some kind of bug.

Hopefully it will get fixed. I do like this board though and will try to stay active here as well. Thanx for the supportive replies!

ASpeacefooter.jpg

Hi,

My name is Lynn, and I am a member of the New Member Support Team. I just wanted to take the time to say welcome to After Silence.

I hope that you find comfort and support here. I am glad that you have joined with us and look forward to getting to know you. If you need anything or have questions about the boards or how something works, please send me a personal message. I will gladly help in any way possible...also if you need someone to listen, let me know.

Take care,

Your Sister in Survival,

Lynn

:flowers: Welcome outcast, I am sure you will find alot of support here at AS.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

Macca :hug:

Welcome Outcast, sorry about the misunderstanding with the other board. I love AS and the people in it. I have received so much support here it is my favorite of all the board I attend.

I hope you like it here as much as I. :supportu::notalone::youcanheal:

welcome outcast! i hope you find the support you need here :)

Thank you everyone. Wow! This is a friendly crowd! :) I guess I kind of feel bad now saying that bad stuff about the other board when it was just a bug in the system. They did address my issue about the gay topics being relegated to the forum for controversial topics and it sounds like they are working on correcting that, so as far as my bitching to them is concerned, I feel like I have made a small difference. Yay!

peacefooter.jpg

Edited by outcast