Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm New Here And Very Shy

i'm a survivor of CSA, CRA as well as other forms of *b*s* i have DID, BPD, bipolar, anxiety panic and a few others thrown in for fun. not sure what else to say so i guess i'll shut up now.

phoenix

Welcome Phoenix!

Hi Phoenix,

I'm glad you've joined After Silence. I'm also shy, so I'm glad you have allowed us to welcome you to the site. :) I hope you find our community to be supportive and helpful, as I have. Take your time, and have a look around. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. I'll see you around the site. :hug::)

hi and thanks for the welcomes. i'm used to forums but this one is confusing me a little. can supporters reply to posts or do they have to stay in there own section? i'm only asking because i have someone who will be joining to support me and we were wondering if he could reply to the posts i make.

phoenix

phoenixsoul,

:aswelcomesu:

I am so sorry for the things that led you here but I am glad that you found your way to AS. Take your time and look around; I am sure that you will be feeling at home and comfortable here in no time. There are many great people here who will offer you the support and encouragement you are looking for and deserve. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

:hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug::tealribbon::hug:

Take good care of yourself, ok?

:supportu::notalone:

^Good question, phoenix. I just sent you a PM that explains the access for secondary survivors. Depending on where you post, they may or may not be able to read and respond to your posts.

Secondary Survivors do not have access to the Share Your Story, Gender-Specific, Aftermath, and Venting forums. If you are wanting to post specifically so a Secondary can read and respond to your post, a good place to post would be in the Secondary Survivors forum located here.

I hope that helped, but if not, let me know. :)

hi Kimbee

thanks for the warm welcome it was very nice of you to welcome me in such a nice way. i can't tell you how many times i've done the same at another site i belong to, it's nice to be welcomed in the same way. you made me feel at ease thank you.

phoenix

thank you all for the warm welcomes. i'm beginning to figure this site out pretty well. some of the sections i plan on staying away from for now, like the females section, i just have a feeling it would be way too triggering for me right now. lots of new fbs and memories coming up. so i'm keeping it to the simple sections for now. but anyways thanks for welcoming me guess i'll shut up now.

phoenix

Hey Phoenix

Welcome here to as hon ..Im glad you found us and are here with us..Theres absolutely no need to shut up :) You are among friends here :)

hugs

graice

:hi: and welcome to AS,

This is a great site and I am sure you will be feeling at home very quickly. The members here are all wonderfully supportive, I am so pleased you found your way here. I hope to see you around the boards.

Take Care

Macca :flowers::hug:

hi sorry my brian doesn't work and i'm not good at names or i'd be thanking everyone of you one by one, so a general thank you is all i'm capable of doing right now. so thank you everyone for welcoming me here. it's nice to be somewhere so friendly.

phoenix

Phoenix I love your choice of screen name. I assume you know the legonds. A survivor is a lot like a phoenix. we have an oppertunity to reinvent ourselves after the fire we have been through. Please take gentle care of yourself and take your time with what ever you are going through. When you are ready we will be here. Safe (((hugs)))

hi everyone

i use phoenixsoul all the time and it brings back such bad memories i am in the process of trying to get my name changed but so far no luck. i guess if i have to stay with phoenix soul i will just remember the beautiful bird that rises from the ashes. i guess thats one way to look at it. anyways thank you for the welcomes they are very much needed right now.

phoenix